Gatwick drone incident

Peter Miller

Advert

It seems incredible in this era of everyone carrying a camera in their phone and dashcam that nobody got a convincing photo of the drone that shut down the airport for a whole day. You would expect CCTV cameras to have picked up something somewhere too.

I have not seen a drone outside a modelling context. Witnesses of the Queen Bee are ( mostly) dead. Daithi and are are chosen by God, and love rugby. The next round in the eternal conflict starts, once the Light starts to return.

Keep up mate. But there again, I am full of malt and exquisite shellfish stew. Merry Christmas.

Actually, it was a workmate of mine who owned the last surviving Queen Bee, and restored it to flying condition!

Re: cameras. I thought that video footage on the Mail website very unconvincing. It could just as well have been a black bin liner blowing in the wind! Indeed, bearing in mind a broken drone appears to have been found in the area, I wonder if the owner put it in a bin liner before throwing it away!

That would explain both the drone and the "sightings"!

devil

Merry Xmas, everyone!

--

Pete

I reckon the whole thing kicked of when a couple of kids, waiting in the departure area, got bored looking through their toy catalogue so started a game of "I spy".
Guess what the one with the catalogue shouted that he'd spied !!

Merry Xmas, to one and all. teeth 2

Posted by kc on 24/12/2018 19:40:40:

It seems incredible in this era of everyone carrying a camera in their phone and dashcam that nobody got a convincing photo of the drone that shut down the airport for a whole day. You would expect CCTV cameras to have picked up something somewhere too.

But the footage that wasn't given to the press are the ones that the police are using as evidence. There was good video though.

Merry Christmas everyone.

Posted by John F on 25/12/2018 07:10:09:
Posted by kc on 24/12/2018 19:40:40:

But the footage that wasn't given to the press are the ones that the police are using as evidence. There was good video though.

Merry Christmas everyone.

The average mobile phone does not have a very long focus lens. I would be interested to know the longest focal length lens on a mobile phone.

I was leaning out of my bedroom window as a Chinook approached the house, a lady in the lane held up her mobile phone to take a picture of it.

I got a picture. a fairly small image and that was with my 720mm lens. I suspect that her image must have been about the size of a full stop.

Based on that any mobile phone footage would have been pretty useless

Champagne has been flowing at the ACME anti-drone hardware company, as their top salesperson pulled a last minute £5M deal out of the bag; hitting both the end of December and end of year sales targets, despite all the nay-sayers. Their intrepid sales person also won several side bets that he wouldn't get a major airport to sign up whilst his colleagues were convinced the customers would only have gluhwein, mince pies and furtive kisses under the mistletoe on their minds.

**LINK**

...The airport has spent £5m since Wednesday on new equipment and technology to prevent copycat attacks...

Strangely, police reports of a finding a broken penta-rotor drone coincided with ACME's receptionist, Chardonnay, putting a Tannoy out to all staff to return the base of her chair.

I certainly wouldn't want to be anywhere near anyone who carried a firearm in that manner. The guy in line with the barrels doesn't look too happy either

Incidentally it seems the couple arrested as suspect drone Gatwick fliers are in a position to sue the media after their names, pictures and address were revealed. As the guy arrested was fitting double glazing all the day he was supposed to be involved in closing down the airport, it's hardly surprising. They could be in line for a £75k+ payout. Enough to buy some juicy aeromodelling goodies.

Geoff