Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Advert

SOme time ago I had to make a return visit to the dentist. The lady said that as it was still in the same treatment and within a month I didn't have to pay. I was chuffed.

Got back to my car. The car park is free with a three hour limit.

I had forgotten to get a ticket. £24 fine removed any chuffed feelings

Edited By Peter Miller on 18/03/2020 19:24:55

Posted by john stones 1 on 18/03/2020 17:44:51:

Glad to hear you're all well.

Dropped a clanger the other day, looking for a shop entrance and missed it, ended up driving in a bus lane.

Today I get a fixed penalty fine. Cheers my dear, hope they run outa loo roll. blush

I, fool, and I don't do speeding, set my cruise control coming back from the UK, last autumn. I was careless.After allowances, I was 1 kph over the speed limit. Through 3 cameras, in 40 minutes. That's fine dining for two, with wines, and whiskey. And three points. And beloved was not happy, her car, and you have not been lectured by her, when she is right, and the argument, I was hurrying back to you dear, does not wash.

Popped into my local Tesco tonight, managed to get the very last 4 rolls........ Of Artificial Grass, yes they do sell it but who on earth to ? No pun intended....

Edited By Devcon1 on 18/03/2020 21:15:55

Edited By Devcon1 on 18/03/2020 21:16:35

Posted by Devcon1 on 18/03/2020 21:15:31:

Popped into my local Tesco tonight, managed to get the very last 4 rolls........ Of Artificial Grass, yes they do sell it but who on earth to ? No pun intended....

Edited By Devcon1 on 18/03/2020 21:15:55

Edited By Devcon1 on 18/03/2020 21:16:35

No loo roll? Just scoot across the artificial turfface 24

Posted by David Hazell 1 on 18/03/2020 21:55:29:
Posted by Peter Miller on 18/03/2020 11:27:43:

I

Low on Whisky (No litres) but Roys is just across the road. (No, I wasn't going to sample Japanese whisky at that price or any other)

Seriously? Try Japanese whisky, it's awesome.

Many years ago (Early 90s) I did one of my "Lesser known aircraft from aeronuttycal history." called "The Laughing Samaurai Special"

I am now afraid that they may be trying to get their revenge!!!

Posted by Tony Packe on 18/03/2020 19:36:25:

Went to Asda this morning to get some bog rolls, the panic buyers and hoarders had cleared the shelves in the bog roll aisle. I'm so glad that I managed to buy 480 bog rolls last week before all this panic buying started.wink 2

Probably could do with a notice like the one we had pinned up above the office photocopier................

" Don't waste paper, use both sides of the sheets and recycle" . Yuk!

Posted by Peter Miller on 18/03/2020 19:24:16:

SOme time ago I had to make a return visit to the dentist. The lady said that as it was still in the same treatment and within a month I didn't have to pay. I was chuffed.

Got back to my car. The car park is free with a three hour limit.

I had forgotten to get a ticket. £24 fine removed any chuffed feelings

Edited By Peter Miller on 18/03/2020 19:24:55

A year back I met up with an old friend at Gordano services (Bristol) to hand over a vintage heli he was after. Bristol was about half way between our respective homes. He offered to buy me lunch, and we got chatting, as you do, and the time just flew by.

Eventually we left and went our respective ways.

A few days later, I got a 'phone call. He'd got a parking ticket for staying past two hours, and was enquiring if I'd got one! No, I hadn't, nor did I, despite the fact we'd both arrived and left within minutes of each other!

Then it dawned on me! I'd taken my classic car out for a run, as it hadn't had a decent journey for a while:

The ANPR cameras couldn't read the old-style number plates!

laugh

The local council are currently converting all the multi story car parks to ANPR, and they can't read them either!

laughlaugh

--

Pete

What I can't get my head around is the complete absence of cat litter on the shelves. I mean, who is stockpiling cat litter? I have this mental picture of some smarmy type with a pencil moustache with cartoon £ signs for eyes sitting on a mountain of cat litter rubbing his hands!

I'm afraid my three cats will just have to join the bears doing their business in the woods face 1

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 20/03/2020 12:46:19:

What I can't get my head around is the complete absence of cat litter on the shelves. I mean, who is stockpiling cat litter? I have this mental picture of some smarmy type with a pencil moustache with cartoon £ signs for eyes sitting on a mountain of cat litter rubbing his hands!

I'm afraid my three cats will just have to join the bears doing their business in the woods face 1

It could be the result of no toilet rolls left!!

Anyway, in SW France, after the shop emptying displays of last week, normality is back. Stocks of suchi ( addicted), frozen legs of lamb, 1/3 off?, what's that about. Walked past the mountains of bog roll.

No parmesan cheese. Fruit shop, fish shop, full stocks, empty. Bizarre.

Posted by Peter Miller on 20/03/2020 14:28:50:
Posted by Bob Cotsford on 20/03/2020 12:46:19:

It could be the result of no toilet rolls left!!

So you think the shortage of toilet rolls has caused people to resort to cat litter i must be say that sounds messy and uncomfortable.

Visit Cornwall and the County Tourist Board were filmed on the local news last night trying to stop holiday makers and second home owners from coming down.

They are afraid that it will be carried down here in greater numbers. The main hospital has only a few ICU beds for over 500,000