Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Posted by Peter Miller on 17/03/2020 14:32:10:

I have to go to waitrose tomorrow. It will be interesting to see if they are in the same situation

I will carry my camera and see what I can get in the way of pictures.

What I am dreading is this. my next door neighbour is 100 years old and I get a list of shopping to do in Waitrose. Her son does Asda but I have to do Waitrose.

I will not go into it but it is bad enough on normal days. If she asks for bog rolls she will not live long enough to use half a roll.

I think I will stock up on whisky in large quantities.

I think that is an excellent idea Pete, I have been down to the local Liquor store to stock up with my favorite single malt. My theory is if alcohol kills this virus if I saturate my body from the inside on a regular basis this virus will avoid me - anyway that's my excuse and i'm sticking with it.

On a more serious note, here in Canada a lot of supermarkets have now started to limit quantities of certain products purchased at any one time, which , I think is reasonable,also some major stores are allocating 1 or two hours at opening for seniors only to do there shopping - a great benefit to my wife and I - also those that offer it are now making deliveries of groceries for free, in fact you can order online, have your order delivered and never leave the house if you so wish. We are not as yet confined to barracks but I think it is just a matter of time. Her on our Island we have only one case so far, amazing really considering the amount of ferry traffic between here and the mainland and also the ferries from Washington State which has the highest number of cases in the US and was the first state to actually suffer from this virus.

Now that I have bored you all to death I shall retire to my workshop and try and finish all those projects that need it .

Stay well my internet friends, we all will emerge a little different on the other side of this, hopefully our leaders will have learned the lesson all boy scouts learn " BE PREPARED "

Posted by PatMc on 17/03/2020 17:13:03:
Posted by Erfolg on 17/03/2020 16:29:04:

My last thanks to God, is thank goodness it was some one who is competent, who won our last General Election, a born manager.

You must be joking. smile o

Ah yes Pat. If only you were in charge everything would be peachy.

"My last thanks to God, is thank goodness it was some one who is competent, who won our last General Election, a born manager. Rather than one of the alternatives, who could not organise a drinking session in a brewery"

A drinking session in a brewery is one of the very few things I would trust Boris to organise.

Still, now's his dream chance to look like his childhood hero, that WW2 figure of authority... Capt Mainwaring.

Back to the real subject

"Now my thoughts are, how, or when, will the restrictions be eased, without a spike in illnesses?"

China are lifting restrictions - watch this space. They are, if I understand things correctly (colleague with Chinese wife currently in China) red hot on contact tracing and looking for any cases in the provinces outside of the original epicentre.

Posted by Solly on 17/03/2020 17:37:29:

My last thanks to God, is thank goodness it was some one who is competent, who won our last General Election, a born manager.

No, if only we had someone who was not an inveterate liar & who's personal ambition did not disregard the national interests.

Posted by PatMc on 17/03/2020 17:44:33:

No, if only we had someone who was not an inveterate liar & who's personal ambition did not disregard the national interests.

As I said Pat, if only you were in charge..........

Posted by PatMc on 17/03/2020 17:44:33:

Steady PatMc.Tell it as it is. Don't pull punches mate

Patmac, was he not the one who did not win the General Election?smiley

Given all the issues at present, I still receive adverts from Ledger holidays, perhaps I am dreaming, and I will wake up, from what I see as a Nightmare, or at least a disturbing sleep.

Posted by Erfolg on 17/03/2020 18:12:58:

Given all the issues at present, I still receive adverts from Ledger holidays, perhaps I am dreaming, and I will wake up, from what I see as a Nightmare, or at least a disturbing sleep.

Booked anywhere nice Erf ? The Antartic might be a good choice, wrap up warm though.

Posted by john stones 1 on 17/03/2020 18:19:59:

Booked anywhere nice Erf ? The Antartic might be a good choice, wrap up warm though.

At least there is some nice solid ice.

Posted by Don Fry on 17/03/2020 18:56:55:
Posted by john stones 1 on 17/03/2020 18:19:59:

At least there is some nice solid ice.

At the moment.

smiley

Insanity setting in. I live in SW France. I have to fill in a form, to leave the house. I will be hammered if caught, no form, or lying. Accepted, break the transmission path of this thing.

Workshop is saving my sanity. Today is the start of 3 days of perfect weather. Swear words.