Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Posted by wingcoax on 15/03/2020 14:09:17:

Peter, They haven´t enough police to catch real crims, So you are pretty safe even if as they say those not self isolating could be arrested.

That is the problem. It is much easier to catch "isolation evaders" than real crims so they can keep their arrest rate up.

joking apart,we were in morrisons yesterday doing our normal shop(or trying to)….it was like the end of the world,the queues were massive and most were panic buying and also complaining of the time to get served...the management had called in extra staff ….most had enough loo rolls to last a fair while...

ken anderson...ne..1....end of the world dept.

Do you remember the 1950's film " Panic in the Year Zero" starring Ray Milland? For some reason this film has never been shown on TV as far I know. Not really too horrific but it shows roughly what we see today - panic. Then the panic was an atomic bomb on LA and people rushed to the hills and reverted to primitive violent ways. Should be shown now as a warning!

It remains to be seen whether the year 2020 will be remembered as Year Zero or just an unnecessary panic like the Millenium Bug in 2000......

My prediction --- by next year we will have forgotten this virus but only remember the year as the year house prices crashed and returned to sensible levels........ we will see........

Posted by ken anderson. on 16/03/2020 08:53:09:

joking apart,we were in morrisons yesterday doing our normal shop(or trying to)….it was like the end of the world,the queues were massive and most were panic buying and also complaining of the time to get served...the management had called in extra staff ….most had enough loo rolls to last a fair while...

ken anderson...ne..1....end of the world dept.

I had a similar experience on Friday.

As i said though, my 'essentials' for getting through consisted of steak, cider and ice cream so i was fine!

Posted by Doug Campbell on 15/03/2020 14:54:05:

Quite a clear explanation of the governments strategy here

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nl6tTwxzCi8&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR3WQbuSMbEDzjn5VHv-Q7BBRPSEJ0jm41hBHqzXFP3QaNmUwrqk3zlY3FI

Thanks for the link Doug. I've emailed it to our daughters so that they can show it to our grandchildren.

Gordon

Posted by Dickw on 16/03/2020 10:48:54:

BMFA statement re flying at Buckminster here.

Dick

10 out of 10 for common sense !

I go into to the local town (12 miles away) every 2-3 weeks or so to shop and fill my freezer. Usually on a Monday morning as it is quiet and it was. Until I went to the supermarket !!! I'm glad I went to the other shops first. It was a sea of grey and bald heads with hardly a spare trolley to be found. Fortunately I had no problems getting my usual provisions apart from potatoes and carrots (?). The staff were looking really (and I mean REALLY) stressed. I wonder if it will be as bad when I go next time in 3 weeks ? I then called in at the Post Office to drop off a parcel and there was no queue, which is most unusual for "all of it" day (if you have ever been in the Post Office on Monday morning, you will know what I mean).

Just to add insult to injury, on my way home (country roads) I got stuck behind a Honda Jazz and you guessed it, driving at 35mph in a 60mph area !

Edited By kevin b on 16/03/2020 13:07:38