Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Reminds me of a joke my father used to tell.

Bloke in a boarding house goes to landlady and complains that there is no toilet papers.

She replies "Well, You've got a tongue in your head"

Aye! But I haven't got a neck like a blooming swan!!"

Edited By Peter Miller on 14/03/2020 12:15:26

Just got back from the supermarket, not panic buying, just food for the next 3 days. It was interesting to see that there was a very large section, that had obviously contained baked beans, that had been stripped bare.

Come the apocalypse, A&E staff will need gas masks.

Can the virus be passed on by farting?

Posted by Shaun Walsh on 14/03/2020 13:05:04:

Just got back from the supermarket, not panic buying, just food for the next 3 days. It was interesting to see that there was a very large section, that had obviously contained baked beans, that had been stripped bare.

Come the apocalypse, A&E staff will need gas masks.

It depends on who's face you are sat on and if they have it (can I say that mods ?). crook

Posted by Shaun Walsh on 14/03/2020 13:05:04:

There was an article in the New Scientist magazine a couple of weeks ago discussing Chinese reactions to Covid 19.

It said that there were now many infra red cameras in airports and railway stations to look for people who were too warm. It said that they were very sensitive - to the extent that they could detect the extra warmth resulting from - shall we say - fundamental gaseous emissions.

Plummet

Posted by john stones 1 on 14/03/2020 22:31:45:

Yep, there's been some humorous stuff.

Thought roads had been quiet today, but wife and son came home from work, said they'd been very busy, pub/restaurants.

Very busy in a cafe I was in this morning. Couples and families of all ages. Obviously all have common sense and dont let the media hype get the better of them. Went flying this afternoon, roads were busy and there were 10 flyers braving the less than calm conditions.

I see in the Spectator that Old people are to be confined to their homes. Neighbours and friends will come and support them and deliver stuff

Great. We won't have to go and look for places to get infected. The virus can be brought to us by the people bringing our food.

PILLOCK!!!

Also people over 65 will not be treated.

Well, I shall go off to our flying field if the weather is fine. I wonder if I will be shot for disobeying the lawlaugh

I WAS right. Insanity is galloping in!!!

Posted by SR 71 on 15/03/2020 11:52:09:

Peter i have just been told that the over 70s are not going to be allowed to leave their house for 4 months i thought it was a joke, until i saw you post

Can't you just picture the threads that will be appearing on here if that were the case? A debate on servo grommet density anyone?laugh

Ho Ho! That means that all old folk out and about after the lockdown will have to carry proof of age to show they're under 70 He He! Or a letter signed by both parents Ho Ho Ho! You couldn't make it up.

Oh and while I'm at it - if it's so dangerous why isn't it classed as a "Notifiable Disease" - Junk Government!

Edited By Wingman on 15/03/2020 12:40:43

Posted by Wingman on 15/03/2020 12:39:20:

Ho Ho! That means that all old folk out and about after the lockdown will have to carry proof of age to show they're under 70 He He!

Oh and while I'm at it - if it's so dangerous why isn't it classed as a "Notifiable Disease" - Junk Government!

I didn’t know being over 70 was a notifiable disease face 17

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 15/03/2020 12:04:17:

Maybe they will adopt the Chinese solution and nail our doors shut? A feeding tube and roll of loo paper fed through the letterbox, what more could you need?

Where are they going to get the loo roll from question

I can just visualise the tumbleweed blowing along the streets in Harrogate.

It will be really bad news for M&S across the country.

Edited By kevin b on 15/03/2020 13:03:42

Do you have the shades Peter, without the shades the look just does not work.

Some seem to misunderstand the various measures being discussed,most are recommendations. There are some indications that the government is going to provide itself with sufficient powers to deal with those whose behavior could be seen as irresponsible, with respect to the community, if evidence supports specific requirements.

If we consider that the present actions to date, have been criticized in some quarters as to little, it seems unlikely that drastic extreme action will happen, unless their is absolute proof. Yes, I know that some politicians will critiques whatever the government does or not do, and there will be many who to choose to believe those politicians, because.

Before the under 65s or what ever becoming to smug, with respect to treatment. It has been obvious for some time, from the Italian experience, that some younger may not get respirator/oxygen treatment. Why, because both are not available there, in sufficient amounts and the equipment and gas is needed for over a week. There is no reason to expect that the UK will be different. All health services in all countries are equipped at best for typical usage. What is happening is many magnitudes greater than even an extreme norm.

The good news, according to the newspapers is that quietly the government has been encouraging various manufacturers to step change their production rates, in conjunction with various engineering companies. It seems that has only to day become public knowledge, if true. There still is the issue of suppling a massively potentially increased demand for oxygen, it could well be possible that this is also being addressed quietly. There is an issue that pure oxygen is potentially very dangerous, On that basis there will be other issues to address, before even the 65s can feel smug.

Every time I hear or read the news, every country in Europe is taking ever more drastic measures and actions, to deal with the issues. On that basis it can only be a question of time before the unthinkable, will happen here.

The issue of self isolation for +3 months is something I heard about , probably a week ago, I thought was impractical. I recognize, that this will be a recommendation, not mandatory. How confident am I that I can survive the virus, balanced against my wish to live. That is the question (almost Shakespeare).

The welding of doors etc.in China, appears to be a response to those who know better than there government, potentially endangered others health, in a country that appears not to tolerate any dissent. I cannot see it happening here, although if some were extremely reckless, here, with respect to others, I have no problem with them being thrown in jail etc.

Posted by Erfolg on 15/03/2020 13:01:12:

The welding of doors etc.in China, appears to be a response to those who know better than there government, potentially endangered others health, in a country that appears not to tolerate any dissent. I cannot see it happening here, although if some were extremely reckless, here, with respect to others, I have no problem with them being thrown in jail etc.

That should help reduce the prison population. yes

Posted by Peter Miller on 15/03/2020 12:00:06:

I have just stated that they will have to shoot me to stop me.

I wonder if Amazon sell wigs!? I can dye my moustache black !!

You do realise that this is all an elaborate conspiracy to keep all modelers grounded at home or in workshops so Amazon can justify their 'Drone Delivery' stratergy ......... just saying wink