Insanity seems to be setting in

Peter Miller

Been out in my Honda this morning, stuck behind a fella going flying in a great gas guzzler, typical modeller, could only turn left. wink

Been panic buying, staff at local cash n carry looking haggard and shelves looking bare. I only bought a sack of dog food, figured if times get tough we can eat that, if they get really tough, there'll be plenty meat on the dog. dog

Remember, a dogs not just for Xmas, he may be your next dinner. Here Boy.

Just heard that a second MP has got the bug. There are 650 MP's plus all thier staff in the house this is more than 500 so does that mean they will close it??????????????? If so they should follow the lead set by Virgin and send them home WITHOUT pay for a month or two. The house of Lords , of which most are our age and older should also close. They should also forego thier expences . Look at the money we save and spend it on ventilators for the over 70's, as they say 'Dont ring us if your over 70 as we have decided to let you all die in favour of younger beings. This is a plot to recover some money from our pensions that we paid in for 55 yrs, and all the payments made to the health system over a simillar period !!!

Barry

Posted by Erfolg on 16/03/2020 14:13:56:

Kevin, if I had only known it was you, I would have moderated my speed a little, I did not realise that the friendly honking, was to encourage me to stop for a chat.smiley Now we have to stay in, there is no hurry, to get anywhere.sad

Erfolg. I am starting to worry about you.

I eventually got past said driver, who appeared to be about 3ft tall and over the age of 90 with white hair She didn't seem bothered in any way and as I sped away She returned back to the centre of the road with 2 wheels either side of the white line.

Posted by kevin b on 16/03/2020 15:58:16

I eventually got past said driver, who appeared to be about 3ft tall and over the age of 90 with white hair She didn't seem bothered in any way and as I sped away She returned back to the centre of the road with 2 wheels either side of the white line.

Why have you put the word "she" in bold?

Tim.

Posted by john stones 1 on 16/03/2020 13:54:20:

Been out in my Honda this morning, stuck behind a fella going flying in a great gas guzzler, typical modeller, could only turn left. wink

Been panic buying, staff at local cash n carry looking haggard and shelves looking bare. I only bought a sack of dog food, figured if times get tough we can eat that, if they get really tough, there'll be plenty meat on the dog. dog

Remember, a dogs not just for Xmas, he may be your next dinner. Here Boy.

laugh.....dogkulou....beer

Posted by Tim Kearsley on 16/03/2020 16:25:28:

Tim.

As I said in the posting (it was a reply to Erfolg and to be read in context). I am getting worried about Him.

Posted by kevin b on 16/03/2020 18:58:08:
Posted by Tim Kearsley on 16/03/2020 16:25:28:

Tim.

As I said in the posting (it was a reply to Erfolg and to be read in context). I am getting worried about Him.

Got you!

Tim.

Posted by john stones 1 on 16/03/2020 17:49:04:

Well bojo pretty much just put millions out of work, and most of them among the worst paid. I'm good to go with whatever's needed, would have been nice to hear these people (Yep includes my family) will have rents/mortgages suspended, one less thing to fret over.

I think you'll find that it was this virus that has put millions out of work. I'm no Bojo fan and I'm certainly no Trump fan but I've just watched both of them doing their damndest to cope with a very unusual situation.

I'm just wondering whether there are still people out there who think that this is just flu and that what we are seeing is an over-reaction. I certainly don't. I think we've been too slow.

Posted by Gary Manuel on 16/03/2020 20:05:46:
Posted by john stones 1 on 16/03/2020 17:49:04:

Well bojo pretty much just put millions out of work, and most of them among the worst paid. I'm good to go with whatever's needed, would have been nice to hear these people (Yep includes my family) will have rents/mortgages suspended, one less thing to fret over.

I think you'll find that it was this virus that has put millions out of work. I'm no Bojo fan and I'm certainly no Trump fan but I've just watched both of them doing their damndest to cope with a very unusual situation.

I'm just wondering whether there are still people out there who think that this is just flu and that what we are seeing is an over-reaction. I certainly don't. I think we've been too slow.

Do like other nations, reassure them, and yes he did, he stopped short of closing them. You fret about what makes you fret. Me Flu or not, I'm in no panic over it. Schools been advised to shut ? Parents been advised to keep kids away from crowds ? You got a graph or formula to show me ?

John,

I'm not fretting about what happens to me.

If / when I get the virus, I'll either get over it or I won't. I have a couple of medical issues that reduce my chances, but que sera sera! My Mother has less chance than me and it's her I fret about. I also fret about my son who will get over the virus but would struggle on his own (I'll not go into why). I also fret for my nephew and his family, who are on zero hours contracts and will have no income at a time when they need it most. I probably fret for the very same people that you are talking about.

My point was that there are still apparently some people out there who haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation. They still describe this as flu and blame the politicians for their handling of the situation. The bottom line is that nobody is to blame (maybe a Chinese market trader?) and nobody knows how to handle it.

You keep referring back to my earlier comment about raising the drawbridge. You fail to notice that I said in the same post that it was too late to raise the drawbridge once the attacker is inside the castle. What I meant, in case you didn't understand the metaphor, was that we had the opportunity to keep the virus away from our island before it reached us. Once it was here, it was too late.

Posted by Basil on 16/03/2020 14:51:51:

Just heard that a second MP has got the bug. There are 650 MP's plus all thier staff in the house this is more than 500 so does that mean they will close it???????????????

Barry

So that will sort out the Brexit problem? All of Europe shutdown and Britain isolated - which equals Brexit?

Posted by Gary Manuel on 16/03/2020 21:06:44:

John,

I'm not fretting about what happens to me.

If / when I get the virus, I'll either get over it or I won't. I have a couple of medical issues that reduce my chances, but que sera sera! My Mother has less chance than me and it's her I fret about. I also fret about my son who will get over the virus but would struggle on his own (I'll not go into why). I also fret for my nephew and his family, who are on zero hours contracts and will have no income at a time when they need it most. I probably fret for the very same people that you are talking about.

My point was that there are still apparently some people out there who haven't grasped the seriousness of the situation. They still describe this as flu and blame the politicians for their handling of the situation. The bottom line is that nobody is to blame (maybe a Chinese market trader?) and nobody knows how to handle it.

You keep referring back to my earlier comment about raising the drawbridge. You fail to notice that I said in the same post that it was too late to raise the drawbridge once the attacker is inside the castle. What I meant, in case you didn't understand the metaphor, was that we had the opportunity to keep the virus away from our island before it reached us. Once it was here, it was too late.

I'm with you Gary. Some others need to start taking it more seriously. I don't worry about myself, but I do worry about those around me who are at risk/vulnerable.

IGNOREance is not an option.

I've come to a similar conclusion. I'm not unduly worried about catching the virus on my own part - I'm in the supposed high risk group as I've passed 60 but otherwise have no additional risk factors. However, my wife qualifies on every count as she's had heart surgery a couple of years ago, has diabetes and suffers from asthma so I have real concerns about passing anything to her.

If you are an avid sports fan then these cancellations such as Rugby, football etc. is sure going to disappoint, upset and anger some. Same as the other difficulties threatening financial security etc.

Well, this is "life & death" stuff and we need to get our priorities right!

I have found my anger is up there when I go out there. Don't know why.