Warbirds Replicas P51 Mustang

RICHARD WILLS

Advert

Both Davids , I have just had to drive to his house and hand him a Label (no I didnt ) But I did give him a plan and a manual .And I did give him a Spinner . It was like Gollum getting the ring , he kept mumbling "precious " so I made my excuses and left .

The continual whining noise was starting to make my ears bleed . He is not getting a label though ,

He's opened the bloody box now .

Sometimes you have to be firm to be fair .

Yes, Richard, it does not do to pander to peoples baser urges. Give him a label and there's no telling where it will end.

Does anybody know if the little transducery thing that comes with the sound system could be mounted on a ply plate to be transferred between models? My WR Spit is nearly finished and both it and the P51 have Merlins after all....

David

After much experimenting , the most effective surface is .....weirdly 2mm or 3mm depron of as close to 4" square .

Obviously you may need to down size , but I didnt find wood to be ....as good (Im a poet !)

In My blue nose P51 its under the left wing close to fuz . On your kits I propose the bottom of the "fuel tank Bay "

Wake Ron up , he's been doing experiments . Ive got labels to stick on .

A few tips to you who have manuals............ and LABELS!

The 1/16" balsa skin is a high quality SOFT material, being a lighter grade it will mark VERY easily with light fingernail pressure etc.

When you cut out the lower skin for the U/C make it your mission to add the balsa sheeting to stiffen the structure up.

Until this is done handle like eggs or you will find bits breaking off.

The soft balsa does contribute to a lighter finished model but until it is completed, covered etc you need to be careful.

My kit arrived and it looks fantastic! All the parts look great quality and much better all round kit than you would get from most of the bigger providers. Even the tread on the wheels looks much better than any I have seen in a kit before.

I want to thank Richard and the team as they clearly put a lot of work in to make our life easier and the wife can't believe you guys sent me one for free.........that on top of the "competition" I won a few weeks back for a SLEC Stampe so my luck is certainly up just now wink 2

Genuinley though, great job guys, we all appreciate the work.

Gary

Chaps ! As you are starting to receive your kits and with another enforced "stop in " many will be rushing into the build .

Let me just highlight a couple of areas that gave me a "Moment " . Now first of all , my kit had a few bugs as you would expect , Pauls has some too, but less . Yours should be straight forward .

However : The 1.5mm sheet is very light and easy to damage . So treat it with respect (it is gold dust ) .

No1 DO Line your wheel wells with vertical grain sheet as soon as you have cut the skin . While looking at the wing joint I broke the skin underneath several times before I got the message .

No2 Take your time with the flaps . Before you skin them have a good look and take some pictures so that you can see what needs to be free to move and where to cut the skin to separate them .

No3 Add the "cricket bat" flap driver last ,

No4 Dont sheet the area in the rear 3" section between the flaps . There is so much going on in the section with the flap driver and wing bolt plates that trying to keep any sheet in place is pointless . The scoop will cover the underside . The top side will be inside the fuselage .

Ok chaps, feel free to carry on mucking about wink 2

Posted by Gary Clark 1 on 04/11/2020 21:03:38:

My one will be Princess Elizabeth but this won't be started for a while until i finish some other projects

p43-25147.jpg

Gary

I've yet to decide which original I'll be copying. Like you Gary mine won't hit the bench for a while as I need to finish off my DB Gringo which will be my first low wing model. I have finishing to do and never seem to get around to it! I will aim to do so during this next enforced spell away from honest distractions like pubs.

Thank you again Richard, this is going to keep me happy for quite some time!