Spitfire with a difference...HOPE YOU LIKE.

ken anderson.

decided to do something different for a change. I got my inspiration from one I saw on the internet.

the airfix kit I had lying around, bought 2nd hand for £4,the frame from Wilco's £5.50...total cost for the finished job £12.

the spitfire shown was based at Biggin Hill in 1940,damaged by a ME 109,and the id transferred to another aircraft.

you may like it or not....only a bit of fun.

12.jpg

ken anderson...ne..1..supermarine dept.t

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's brilliant Ken - what a super idea.

I managed to get hold of a copy of my first substantial model kit that really got me started off on the hobby - a 1/48th scale P-51B Mustang, which my Uncle Dave had bought for me when I had chickenpox on a family holiday. He was in the USAAF and I had the idea of assembling the model and putting it in a display frame with his picture and medals, to hang on my workshop wall. I think your idea might work even better.

thanks for the kind words everyone,inc big hat carrs.if you fancy a go,airfix sell the 1/72 kits in starter pack's(£10) which include the paints also,the frame from wilco's (£5.50)and the I made the inner from from scrap balsa to give it all a bit of depth to accommodate the model...total cost sub £20.

the world is your oyster as how far you want to go with the detail etc,,,,,,and if you want one ready done,i've read of some for sale for £80... anyway something to do...more so if we're getting locked in the cree again......Merry Christmas.

ken anderson...ne...1...Cree dept.

Kendo

A unique project and I have to admit you made a cracking job of it

Well done

JC----- ne23 we love Ken dept,

PS guys, got to be nice to him coz he lives just round the corner

JImboteeth 2