FORUM SWITCHOVER: News on your photo albums

We've learned that although all photos will come across to the new forum, albums won't. In other words you won't find your photos neatly segregated in the gallery area on the new platform.

I don't know how important this will be to forum users, and assume the majority just use the albums for posting, but thought I should mention it now I'm aware.

Advert

To add. We're just finding our way around. There will be some learning for everyone. The usual co-operation and help between members here is going to be key.

Having said that, there are so many really nice features that more than make up for the odd shortcoming. (Any that we've found so far, anyway.)

For example, the search fuction looks very comprehensive and you can also set up things called "Activity Streams". These then simply provide single click access to everything on the forum that is within the criteria you set. So maybe you want quick access to all the posts you made in the last month. Or all the threads posted in by a group of specific members within a certain time frame, whatever, you decide the criterea and save that to use with a single click at any time.

Photo uploads are easy as are videos. Links to youtube appear to be automatically embedded etc etc.

Glad you're 'in' Jon. 

Click on your user name at the top right, a menu will drop down, select 'profile'. 

Click on 'see my activity' box (just below your cover picture). 

New page loads and on the left there's a vertical list and 'gallery' will be there. 

Select 'images'. 

As we said on the old site in anticipation of the migration, unfortunately old albums haven't come across, the pics have.

New albums can be created easily though, hit the small check box at the top right corner of the pic, a list of options appears below from which you can select 'move' and create a new album from there.  

Thanks to your navigation instructions above, I managed to find my album. There seems to be a bug as it shows 2 pages of pictures but if you click on page 2 nothing happens. I've seen this in other albums where there may be up to 5 pages, none but the first does anything.

In fact this seems to be a general problem over the whole forum as none of the page selection buttons seem to do anything.

Edited by Andy Stephenson