Site appearance tweaks - what do you think?

Listening to the comments regarding the new site's appearance, text definition etc. I've just made a few tweaks by darkening the background and some fonts, particularly here in posts. 

This does seem to improve the view on a mobile device and improves the definition between post boxes, boards etc. 

Does this help? Let me know. 

• Like 1

Advert

Looks good to me, not too bright and not hard to read though I expect the text colour will vary with individual device colour settings.  It's definitely grey text but dark enough on my laptop to avoid eyestrain.  I see that annoying league table on top right has gone too, thankyou for that!

As for tweaking the brightness on your screen, if other applications are ok then surely there should be no need to adjust it just for this one site?

Edited by Bob Cotsford
additional reply

2 minutes ago, Bob Cotsford said:

Looks good to me, not too bright and not hard to read though I expect the text colour will vary with individual device colour settings.  It's definitely grey text but dark enough on my laptop to avoid eyestrain.  I see that annoying league table on top right has gone too, thankyou for that!

No it hasn’t Bob, just not enough posts in this thread yet!

1 minute ago, Bob Cotsford said:

I agree, it's much better than it was and hopefully more sympathetic to those with viewing difficulties and problem eyesight.

Yep, I'm also glad that league table has gone, it opens up the dialogue box to give back that airy feel that some users feel was lost after the tweeking. Surely a Win-win.

1 hour ago, David Ashby - Moderator said:

Listening to the comments regarding the new site's appearance, text definition etc. I've just made a few tweaks by darkening the background and some fonts, particularly here in posts. 

This does seem to improve the view on a mobile device and improves the definition between post boxes, boards etc. 

Does this help? Let me know. 

I wasn't going to make any comment about the new site for a week or so to let some of the bugs get fixed etc but I'll jump in and say Yes David, the grey background makes it much better thanks so I hope it stays.

+1 for black text as well.

• Like 4

Getting there David. It looks great on both PC and Mobile versions with the grey background. Get rid of the Table on the right hand side of larger threads and make the "Latest Posts" stream instantly available on the home page (to make it easy for newcomers) and you've cracked it.

P.S. I'd like to thank the mods and the developers for the work they have put it. Please don't take the negative feedback as criticism. Your efforts are appreciated by most and perhaps by the time you've finished, maybe all of us.

Edited by Gary Manuel