Ruckus pro balsa

The hardware is good and up to snuff for the model. 

You can use 148,s alround or there is an alternative ply plate for smaller servos in the fuselage and cut outs for either small servos or standards in the wing. 
There  is enough hardware for both versions in the kit. The quick links are metal, and the horns are good quality nylon. I haven’t substituted any hardware. Even the pushrods were cut to the correct length 

The kit is well thought out, I only hope the undercarriage holds up on mine when I test fly it. 

• Thanks 1

This is a little old, im looking to dust off a very nice but old Super Tigre .56 to install in the Pro Build Ruckus,  apart from overall height its pretty much the same as the recommended OS46.

Look as I may I cannot find any decent pictures of a IC powered example. A friend dumped the spats and went for larger wheels on his leecy pro build and the gear hasnt parted company with the fuzz yet.

If anyone has some pics of the IC version and landing gear mods that would be great.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Frank Day said:

Hi Frank

Just noticed yours has the forward pointing main gear, have seen them both ways. Have you settled for this orientation or always been like it

As noted It's a Riot not a Ruckus, so the undercarriage mounting plate is further back and the wheels canted forward. I posted the photos to show the cowl which is very similar on the Riot, Ruckus and Double Trouble.

• 1 year later...
On 31/01/2023 at 07:37, GrumpyGnome said:

My undercarriage reinforcement was simply epoxying triangular stock around the plate and F2.

Been considering one of these but the weak undercarriage is a concern as some of the strips I fly from are rough. How is yours holding up?

Pretty poor to be honest.

In the end, I added two metal L-shaped brackets. One end is outside the undercarriage leg (NOT between the leg and model) and uses the existing bolt and captive nut; the other end is bolted to the front of the firewall. 

It's currently in pieces - can't remember why - but the undercarriage is still attached! It's a shame as it flies really nicely.  I'm sure I'll get around to fixing it......

1 hour ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Pretty poor to be honest.

In the end, I added two metal L-shaped brackets. One end is outside the undercarriage leg (NOT between the leg and model) and uses the existing bolt and captive nut; the other end is bolted to the front of the firewall. 

It's currently in pieces - can't remember why - but the undercarriage is still attached! It's a shame as it flies really nicely.  I'm sure I'll get around to fixing it......

Thank you for the update GG, it doesn't look a great fitting and in conjunction with my less than perfect landings and rough landing strips I think I'll give it a miss.  👍

I've recently picked up a secondhand Rukus myself ( not 100% sure why as in the past I've not exactly been a great supporter of the company the model comes from I must admit ) however I intend on using this model as a hack about flier that I can sling around the sky on those days U dont want to get any of my decent models out and together with my wot 4 don't mind crashing or taking it home in several more pieces than it shud be in.....  Currently it's having its engine fitted at the moment after converting it to Glow Power as it was originally configured as electric,,,,, which when done it will be flying on a 52 Four Stroke

Only reason I bought it is I couldn't find a model I liked at the time that I haven't already had and although I've never seen a Rukus fly even at the club field personally ,, I have heard from many people they fly really nice for a Century UK model especially if powered by an half decent Four Stroke so I thought why not.... and have a model that I can fly like i don't care how long it lasts before the time comes when I need to give it a fitting Viking Burial,, As to how long the undercarraige will last before giving out for the first time is anyones guess but I can 100% confidently say the wheel spats I doubt will last the first day as I always seem to find a way to rip those things of on landing.....lol

I will how ever report back once the club field dries out and I can get the chance to put the Rukus through its maiden flights

423012458_10161624997532915_6952260525936574190_n.jpg

420671722_10161612350982915_2608366567470662761_n.jpg

• Thanks 1

After breaking the undercarriage plate on my Ruckus I replaced it with birch ply and larger plastic bolts.

Now the plastic bolts will snap and the undercarriage breakaway rather than ripping taking out the ply plate.

I also have a couple of BMFA circular stickers covering up the ripped covering where the spats punched through the first time I broke the undercarriage!

IMG20240228141523.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

As I said in my last post I wud report how the test flights went with my newly acquired Ruckus, It has now been airborne ,, Before flying however I did remove the original 3mm approx undercarriage hex bolts & replace them with more suitable 5mm bolts washers & nylock nuts as I really didn't feel the original  bolts wud be sufficient enough to hold the undercarriage..... So to the test flight,,

Our field is still a little soft in places but a lot drier than it has been recently and the grass in the pits & on the patch is rather lets say clumpy in places and not yet dry enough for a cut.... But on Saturday  I decided to send her up and see how she does for her Maiden Flights and I gotta say the Ruckus out flew my expectations and how I was expecting it to fly and handle what I know I can put it through and yes the undercarriage is still intact, firmly attached to the model & complete with wheel spats,, In fact I was rather pleased with how gentle it touched down on landing.... The Undercarriage was more than strong enough to cope with the condition our patch is in at the moment including a faster taxi than normal...

So yes I'm very happy with the Ruckus ,, I'm not saying I'm a newly converted believer or follower of the Ruckus and its creaters  but I will atleast say it's a passable & enjoyable plane to fly...

One of my fellow club members managed to get a bit of video of the Ruckus's maiden flight

• Like 1