Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

17 hours ago, J D 8 said:

And I also ate mud along with worms that came with it.

You're lucky !

When I was 3 we lived in the city so there was no mud to eat.

We had to make do with sniffing the smog (or chewing it when it was really bad).

:classic_rolleyes:

Edited by kevin b
  • Haha 1

On 21/10/2023 at 15:59, J D 8 said:

And I also ate mud along with worms that came with it.

Like us all. We should ask why seemingly infants are becoming less tolerant to  everyday exposeur to the things of life.

Edited by Basil

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

Like us all. We should ask why seemingly infants are becoming less tolerant to  everyday exposeur to the things of life.

That is simple.  They are protected from every possible infection so they do not build up any sort of immune system

I could tell you tales of life in a small Argentinian village up in the mountains that would curdle the blood in the veins of the average modern housewife or doctor.  Never hurt me!!!

44 minutes ago, Basil said:

For the same reason that life-time diseases of the past aren't around anymore, infant mortality rates have dropped to a fraction of what they were & this post is being read by a much older demograph than would have ben possible  in the good old days. 😉

29 minutes ago, PatMc said:

For the same reason that life-time diseases of the past aren't around anymore, infant mortality rates have dropped to a fraction of what they were & this post is being read by a much older demograph than would have ben possible  in the good old days. 😉

And of course that is the main cause of global Warming.  Back in 1975 the world population was about 3.5 billion people.  Today it is over 8 billion and an awful lot of them insist of flying off on their holidays on aircraft that burn 700 gallons per hour per engine.🤣

• Like 4

1 hour ago, PatMc said:

Yes I would have been dead at 30, Blood poisoning was a killer before antibiotics. They only came in around 1940's. The only thing old people must had a hell of a good immune system. 

I would also be gone if not for modern ICU and antibiotics, Swine Flu that went to pneumonia in 2010.

Survival rates were low for wounded in WW1, even for those that looked to be making a recovery having fought off infections, it was often that other diseases would take the already weakened.

Your dad must have been tough and lucky Peter.

Edited by J D 8
correction