Ebay sellers...

Posted by Alan Davidson 1 on 08/01/2020 19:01:18:

My son’s constant anxiety if he fails to come home one day is that his wife will sell his models for what he told her he bought them for🤪

Well he will not need to worry about it will he? And she won't be able to have a go at him until she joins him on the other side.

So why worry.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted by Martin Harris on 07/02/2020 13:51:04:

Is it a Flyte 150?

i think so. Some are labelled as such, others arent.

KC, in essence they just dont look as well finished. The fins on the front of the head are an abomination, the brass pushrod tubes... They also lack the Laser name on the rocker cover although this could be fudged if someone swapped the cover from a genuine engine.

If in doubt, send me a link/photo and i can id it.

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 10/02/2020 13:56:37:

Is it a Flyte 150?

KC, in essence they just dont look as well finished. The fins on the front of the head are an abomination, the brass pushrod tubes... They also lack the Laser name on the rocker cover although this could be fudged if someone swapped the cover from a genuine engine.

I thought that the fins did not look as sharply square cut as a Laser.

• 2 months later...
Posted by Peter Miller on 14/04/2020 13:39:04:

I am trying to work out what it is. It looks like a Frog 500 but the ehad is wrong and there should be a name on the crankcase

I think it is a Frog 500 crankcase (& shaft ?) with another type head, cylinder liner/piston & fins.

Posted by Jon - Laser Engines on 10/02/2020 13:56:37:

Is it a Flyte 150?

Hi Jon,

Well I have learnt something there! I did not know that was not a laser. Not at first glance, but then I noticed no name, no laser on it. I still thought maybe it was a prototype. I have never heard of Flyte? But does that mean that could be a rare engine.

Also - Fake? Surely just a different Manufacturer? But I guess everyone means the advert was fake as it wasnt a Laser? But reading it, sounds like a chap lumbered with shifting engines for a deceased pal. TBH at first glance if he'd asked me what it was I might have said its a Laser. Looks like he's sold it? as the listing is removed.

Do you still have any Laser Diesels knocking around? I did hear from someone that you had thought of making the Laser Diesel again. Not sure how many were made? or if that's true.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Steve

They were fake in the same way you get a fake rolex. Someone bought one, took it apart and then copied it. In this case, they copied it really badly but in they did at least put their own name on some of them.

I suspect the guy selling was none the wiser so cant fault him really.

As for the diesels i would like to do more, but i ran out of the new old stock i was using to build them and the boss is disinterested in making more parts which is annoying as i was really starting to get somewhere with making them work better.

As for the number made...dont know, 50? perhaps 100? Not many that is for sure.