Anybody been flying today 1/1/13?

Mark a

Advert

Sadly grey skies and rain in N. Germany.

My old flyig buddies in Oklahoma, USA (where i spent the past 2 years) hold an annual chili fly every New Years Day. Everyone turns up with prizes given for the most flights clocked up. Every digs in and helps and chili, hotdogs and hot coffee and so on is brought by members and families to really make it a good day out. This is my first year not in attendance and as i look out of the grey rain filled sky, i really miss it this year. This is what good clubs should be about.

Oh well, back to the workshop to breathe in some more balsa dust!

I went down to the field expecting to find a few others there but it was deserted. When I walked across to the parking area for a close look I realised that taking the car in would be A Bad Idea. The only part not waterlogged was the strip itself.

So instead I've done a bit more on the Blue Angel and ordered some Robart wheels for it.

I was rather surprised to find that there was only one other member at the club this afternoon - where there was blue sky, sunshine and a bit of wind but nothing too bad.

Messed around with my new Seagull YAK 54 which I'm having a little trouble getting down to 82 dB (my fault for sticking a 180 FS in it I suppose) but the new super quiet silencer from Weston via JE hasn't been totally successful in replacing the previous lashed up system.

Flew my little electric Extra so at least I can claim to have flown every day in 2013...a year which has been sunny and rain-free so far!

Yes, and a good turnout at our field today. I think everybody else (like me) has been frustrated by not being able to fly since before Christmas due to the weather. I normally expect to get a few flying days around Christmas/New Year in cold but calm(ish) conditions - but not this year!

I had three flights with the Katana in slightly breezy conditions, saw a few people I'd not seen for a while, and collected a couple of membership renewals. A good afternoon!

Edited By John Privett on 01/01/2013 17:56:06

Very wet field but managed to start my Messerschmitt 109 then it cut out whilst ticking over. After a few minutes I realised that I had blown the plug. I swapped the plug and blew that too. Like an idiot I tried again before realising that the problem was in my power panel. 3 plugs down and no flight, ouch. try again tomorrow. UMM