Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

Maidened this morning, Dogfighter "Light"

I always fancied a Multiplex Dogfighter but didn't want a speed demon. So I set myself the task of putting together a "light" version as a low maintenance model that would simply groove nicely through the air on those still evenings.

Nothing spectacular but at 678g with a 3S 1800mah lipo and 220w she fits the bill perfectly.

df-009 copy.jpg

df-010 copy.jpg

df-011 copy.jpg

E-Flight Pawnee Brave Night Flyer off my wife and kids for my birthday! laugh

Well, really I ordered and paid for it but they did wrap it for me and let me share in the opening of it!

Maiden flight at DVMFC this weekend, second flight in the dark with the lads flying big Bixlers & wings!

20160604_173148.jpg

New to me is this Hangar 9 Sbach 342 powered by a Saito 125 fs.

I maiden'd and trimmed it at the weekend but the motor wasn't quite right so it was cut short for investigation . The problem turned out to be the clunk line had parted so the tank has been re plumbed and all fuel lines replaced with new wider bore tubing.

I cant wait to get it up in the air again as its an impressive machine and handled very well.

Hangar 9 Sbach 342

Hangar 9 Sbach 342

p1090501.jpgp1090500.jpgp1090498.jpgMystery glider. Phase 6?

Picked up this one recently. Bought a couple of models on Ebay and the seller gave me this one for free. Looks a bit like a Chris Foss Phase 6 but the fin looks wrong. Wingspan is 1670mm,chord 240 mm,tip 175mm and length 1185mm excluding the rudder so also pretty close on the dimensions. Wing looks to have fully symmetrical section from the wing seat. It just needed elevator servo and for now the closed loop rudder is taped up until I connect up. Maiden flight yesterday in 20-30 mph and flew really well.

Andyp1090497.jpg

Posted by Jack Banner on 21/06/2016 21:17:56:
Very nice Chris. How does it fly and how was the build?

It was built from plans with the cowl and UC bought from USA. Overall a good build and decent plans, sourced directly from Wendell in USA. Got the plans quite a few years ago but now they and a plan pack is available from Bellair.

Flys like a trainer on the 62. Weight of 29lbs with barn door flaps that slow it down noticeably. Some pitch change with throttle but cruises around on just under half throttle. Only had 3 short flights, so got to do a few more to put it through its paces.

Posted by Bob Cotsford on 22/06/2016 09:09:47:

Yesterday saw the E-bay Mystic take to the air with an OS120 Surpass-E in it's snout. It was a bit nose heavy, and that U/C definitely needs reworking but all in all a pleasure to fly.

mystic.jpg

Looks nice, I seem to remember reading somewhere small engines light tail and larger requiring sheeting both sides. What's the problem with the landing gear ? Only asking because I've got a kit in the loft.