Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Thanks Cymaz, not taken by me, one our semi official photographer snapped thinking it wouldn't be any good. Your right about the tailwheel plus the aileron linkage are a give away, but it flew and flew well.

J D 8 thought about modifying wheels when I built it, but really bit of a faff plus the build took a lot longer anyway with three flaps plus dive brakes to modify.

Got this cheap. spares/repairs, but brand new in box. 1300 2s lipo is ok, so for the other model. all works, but the internal camera battery is dead - works when on usb and films. so going to fit a new lipo inside the camera.

Also, the tx is Mode 1. I might use it to train myself to fly Mode 1, be the ideal model. Thought it was on DSM2/X but doesn't bind with any Spektrum TX, must be on a different protocol, anyone know which?

stratocam (1).jpg

• 2 weeks later...

My mass build offering (minor finishing still required). Maiden was uneventful with some down and left trim needed but compared to my dogs dinner ailerons I am not surprised it did not need more!

Take off is pleasant and responds well to rudder, flight envelope is nice and steady which is what I wanted and landing needs to be brought in (no cut and glide here!). Second flight squeezed a roll and loop in with no drama.

I'll be using on my next victim trainee to see how they get on...its that or the Cougar 2000 (on ultra low rates), but its IC so limited when we can fly.

20190801_182212.jpg

clubstar 2.jpg

clubstar.jpgI recently picked up a kit for the Airwave Clubstar on Ebay, a low wing trainer possibly from the 80s Anyone know those kits? I suspect that they were Cottage Industry but a I could be wrong. The name does not ring a bell with me.

The kit was really excellent with some amazing refinements. Anyway I built it and grabbed the hole in the weather today to go and test fly it. I did convert to electric power.Model is 48" span

It flies very nicely, Not quite the way that I like but fully aerobatic.

Anyone know about these kits?

Very nice, Peter. Does it make a pleasant change to build something you haven't designed? At least you have someone to blame if things aren't quite to your taste I suppose the 'cowl' arrangement as well as the banded on low wing helps to date it.

What's the weight and electric set up? I always like to benefit from other's drive trains to help with my own conversions.

Geoff