Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

44 minutes ago, Futura57 said:

What's your power setup?

Same as yours. It does not really need any more. Although I have thought about a 4S setup, the extra weight would probably be to much. Do let us know if you go down that route.

I have also used a few 3D printed parts on mine. Battery box, wing tip protectors and equipment bay cover.

2826-2200

25 AMP ESC

6x4 APC prop

2200 3s

Mobius camera mounted on the black plate in the nose. 

6 hours ago, Futura57 said:

Nothing to get too excited about. I came across an old HobbyKing Teksumo EPP flying wing kit in my shed recently. Must be around 10 years old from the days of no VAT 😉 My first thought was to sell it at our club's bring and buy session at last week's AGM. I mentioned it to a friend who convinced me to keep it and put it together. So here it is, with just the tip fins to be added. I had a spare 2826 2200KV brushless motor kicking around, but only a 25A ESC. With a 6x4 prop that should do for starters. Moving forward I propose a hot 4S setup with a 40A ESC and prop to suit. My first flying wing as it turns out.

IMG_20231209_105237576.thumb.jpg.a124b46ec9cccc74a2639fd4b74698fb.jpg

Bananas machine on 4s. Mine eventually exploded mid hooligan. The carbon spars pulled out of the wing. 

14 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Not sure what battery you’re intending to use, I’ve flown mine with 1800mAh 4s - too light, 3700mAh 4s - not too bad, 3000mAh 4s - spot on. Battery needs to go as far forwards as possible, I’ve moved the ESC power cables to get it fully forwards.

Thanks I'll be mindful of CG. I have some 2600's may have to add a little weight?

Maiden of my new (to me) wee Fatty ME109, kindly passed on to me at the weekend by my pal Bob. The ME109 flew brilliantly and was just as much fun pootling round on 2s1p 800mah lipo and an 8x6" prop (46w/lb) - as pictured - as the 3s1p 600mah lipo with a 7x6" prop (93w/lb) which I used for the maiden flight, the main difference being in vertical performance. Photo credit Derek Robertson.

image.thumb.png.d5d6737240755824917c2c52b6c4ba93.png

• Like 13

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Tosh McCaber said:

Very nice detail Paul!  What size is it? Interesting graphics on it. Are they retracts?

90 size, so would take a .91 four stroke, which i've already got many mustangs with this setup, but fancied an electric version, VQ Electric retracts and oleos.

Edited by Paul Marsh

Not really a new model but a few weeks ago, while doing a bit of instructing, I failed to take over control of the club's Seagull Boomerang quickly enough when it was a long way off down wind. Both my trainee and I lost orientation and the model hit the deck. The wing on the Boomerang II is fully sheeted and was only cosmetically damaged. Twenty days ago I started the repair with a fuselage ripped open like a banana. Yesterday I flew it again. By my standards that's really quick!

What I started with (3).JPG

Repairs Complete.JPG

• Like 9