What do you hate doing on your aircraft?

Stevo

Advert

• 2 years later...

Apologies for reviving an old thread but having built two models from scratch and assembled two ARTFs over the winter, I've just discovered that I hate hinging the control surfaces!

Having read this thread from the start, I see I'm not alone!

Edited By David Davis on 05/04/2016 08:18:12

I don't hate any of it or I wouldn't do it.

What I dislike doing is putting things right because it went wrong the first time.

Usually:

Hinges (a bit of a theme here)

Paint and Fuel Proofer - I have more problems with paint than anything else.

Cutting really neat circular holes. I am in awe of the quality of some builders here who cut perfect holes in balsa.

Martyn

Edited By Martyn K on 05/04/2016 09:28:45

Mechanical retracts! Frustrates the hell out of me. I don't think I have ever got it right. I must have read 3 or 4 threads on the topic and still manage to bodge it up. I've spent hours setting them up step back and flick a switch only to find I'm wrong again. I've extended control horns, cut wire, added elastic bands soldered joints and bought various retract servos. Still I cannot get hem right. So... electric it is. And I've learned the expensive way that it is better not to buy the cheapies.

Well that and crashing.

Well, I suppose the thing I hate most is crashing Fortunately, I seem to do less of that these days than I used to, which means my model storage is getting fuller and fuller as I can't resist acquiring new models either through building or buying artf.

Which leads me to the thing I seem to be having most difficulty with - selling models to make room for more. Buying's easy but selling involves cleaning up, checking over, photographing and either advertising or taking to a swap meet (something I haven't tried). I really must do it because I want to buy and build a DB Cirrus Moth and won't have anywhere to store it if/when I do.

Geoff

Yes repairs and covering are up there for me as well because I always strive for perfection and miss by miles!

But the thing I really dislike is using rattle cans for spraying - it just never looks a professional job as I am always too impatient and apply too much paint resulting in runs.....when will I learn?angry