FORUM SWITCHOVER: News on your photo albums

Advert

Well that's curious they are there now but were not earlier!    Earlier each item showed 'nothing here yet ' but now that's changed.   I think the " my activity" button was different  - it's now top right instead of lower right as per John Stones info.  

2 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

@David Ashby 1Hi

Any news on the missing controls for migrated images ?  If it's a low priority fix (i.e. unlikely to be fixed), I can delete and create new albums.  Or I would if when you delete an image you were taken back to your images, rather than member albums  - makes it a long and frustrating task....

GG 

Yes, sorry GG, I should've updated everyone sooner. I heard back from the migration folks this week, they'd gone back to the Invision software people to see if anything could be done. The answer is that a fix can be programmed, but it's not cheap and, given the type, size and scale of the issue (ie. relatively modest) it's difficult to justify the expenditure at the moment.  

I can only apologise, it's the one remaining issue I'd hoped we could nail before considering the migration pretty much done, but for now it seems as if we're going to have to continue with what we have. 

That doesn't make sense David.

We have seen a screen capture on this forum showing several photos being selected and a menu opening up at the bottom of the screen with options to move / select etc. The facility already exists but is not available to us. If the developers are claiming that it is an expensive fix, they are either not understanding what we want or are taking the Mickey.

I'll be back with screen shot of I can find it.

I think that Gary may have a point, unless I'm mistaken, the photos belong to him not to the forum therefore he should be able to delete them. Of course there may well have been some small print in the old forum that stated that once uploaded the ownership of the photos passes to the forum?

11 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

I don't think you need to delete any pictures Gary - they aren't needed for the forum to function but aren't doing any harm by being there other than taking up some memory space.

4 minutes ago, Danny Fenton said:

I have lots of pictures on here, more than 4500, to me they are not important. I only used the albums because I had to to get the pics in the thread. My serious albums and source pics are on my PC, Backup and Flickr page. Seems a lot of fuss over something that is no longer needed?

Cheers

Danny

Maybe you are right, but I'm pretty sure that someone's leg is being lifted about this.

The option of selecting photos exists. Someone (a mod I think) posted a screen shot with it working. I'm trying to find the image but it's not easy to find particular posts when you don't know the thread they are in.

I'm not arguing the merits of the albums. They were a pain and perhaps we are better off without them.

I've pondered whether to delete my photos or organise them into Albums again. It would be nice to have the choice rather than leave them in the unmanageable state they are in at the moment.

My issue is that I am pretty sure that there is a way of doing it. I've found an image of the screen dump that I've been looking for. Unfortunately I couldn't find the original post, but the name against the photos suggest that it was working for Martin Harris at some point in time.

Two questions:

1. Why isn't it working for Martin Harris now.

2. Why can't we all have it?