Site Problems?

3 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Yes, deleting photos one by one is very tedious and error prone.

@kcYou have the choice of making photos/albums private if you really don't want anyone to see them....

GG 

Must have missed that option to make images private, where is it?

I'm getting a little confused over this subject.  The albums existed because they were necessary for the clunky old forum software to post images - therefore any photos uploaded were intended to go into the public domain in threads.  They were certainly never intended to be used for free cloud storage. Deleting the photos from those albums ruined the post that was using them so they had to stay in the albums. Why would anyone then want to make them private?

All that is gone.  You don't need albums in order to post - once posted in a thread, the picture is as permanent as the words.  This goes for all the migrated threads too - deleting the pictures that were brought over has no effect on the old threads.

My advice?  Forget the albums and create a folder on your computer or mobile device for any regularly used pictures if you need to find them in a hurry.

• Thanks 1

@john stones 1 Moderatorwhen creating an album, there is a pull down at bottom left for 'privacy' settings, where you can deselect the option allowing others to view. I can't see a way of doing it or individual images, other than creating a specific album for that/those images.

@Martin Harris - Moderatoryes, apart from free storage, I can't see any use for this either!

GG

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

My advice?  Forget the albums and create a folder on your computer or mobile device for any regularly used pictures if you need to find them in a hurry.

This is what I have decided to do, follow your advice that is.

For me all of the old photos can be deleted which will save storage space in the cloud.

I notice that the links in the RCME Extra section now fail to work - some of these are the missing items from plans etc.    The one I checked was the missing former from the free plan of the Fournier RF4.    Lots of other useful info there too but all the links I tried failed.   Can the data be restored?

I've found the page you want via the Internet Wayback machine - https://web.archive.org/web/20160910030231/http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/documents/Fournier_F2.pdf in case you're needing the corrected former.  (In case anyone is seeing a blank page on their screen at that link - just scroll down!)

The problem is being looked into by the mods.

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the notifications Martin is getting are in response to emojis being placed on the post, rather than actual printed replies.

Reason I ask is that, some time ago, I added a post to a different thread, but this post got no replies but three emojis.

Can't recall getting notifications about those.

Puzzling

Jeff

2 minutes ago, Jeffrey Cottrell 2 said:

Hi

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems the notifications Martin is getting are in response to emojis being placed on the post, rather than actual printed replies.

Reason I ask is that, some time ago, I added a post to a different thread, but this post got no replies but three emojis.

Can't recall getting notifications about those.

Puzzling

Jeff

You are not wrong Jeff this is exactly what I have tried to explain to Martin.

image.png