Great models you wish you still had!

Going back through my model pictures it struck me that now i am retired and get a bit more time to fly i wish i still had some of the great aircraft that i once owned but later sold on, how about others on here, care to share pics of some of your planes that you wish you still owned? Here are a few of mine to start the thread off.

Zenoah 62 powered Nate lookalike Zero and 10ft span B17 converted from 52 4 strokes to electric.

Nate 01.jpg

SG1L0947.JPG

Edited by martin collins 1
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, martin collins 1 said:

Going back through my model pictures it struck me that now i am retired and get a bit more time to fly i wish i still had some of the great aircraft that i once owned but later sold on, how about others on here, care to share pics of some of your planes that you wish you still owned? Here are a few of mine to start the thread off.

Zenoah 62 powered Nate lookalike Zero and 10ft span B17 converted from 52 4 strokes to electric.

Nate 01.jpg

SG1L0947.JPG

Two fantastic looking planes.  

Flair Hooligan and Radio Queen. The Hooligan was the luckiest model I've ever had. This photograph was taken a few moments after I hit the trees in the background. Having hit the upper branches I pushed the throttle forward more in hope than expectation but and the engine was still running! I brought the model into a good landing trailing foliage which I am holding in my right hand.

The Radio Queen was the best primary trainer I've ever had for teaching nervous elderly novices how to fly. Sold both of them.

Hooligan and Radio Queen 1.JPG

• Like 2

Bought this GeeBee as you see it about 20 years ago, had it for a couple of years and never finished it off, regretted selling it ever since as it would have been a very nice model to fly, undercarriage had a neat suspension system on it. Always wonder if the purchaser got it finished and flew it. 

Luckily i have a similar plan built one now that i am just converting to electric but this one is almost too nice to fly!

100_2148.jpg

Edited by martin collins 1
  • Like 1

I had a Junior 60, plan built 1990, flown regularly, sold July 2006, before I moved to France, didn’t want to shift stuff like that. Idiot. 
And I bought a Flair 1/4 scale Tiger Moth kit, and for some reason, long forgotten, sold it. I made money on the deal, but regret it now. 

• Like 1

Until very recently I'd never sold a model, though I have passed a few on.

One brilliant model that I wished I still had was a Flair Attilla, which was perfect for evening flying in those frequent calm summer evenings that we used to have, just puttering around with it's tiny OS 20 fourstroke. It certainly wasn't overpowered, in fact it couldn't get out of it's own way, but it was a lovely model to fly. I broke the wing in an inadvertent cartwheel and one of our older members had been fancying the model. At that stage in my modelling journey I wasn't experienced in assessing what was repairable and was happy to donate the wreckage, which was quite badly fuel soaked, to him as he was sure he could repair it. A few models down the line I regretted that and I don't think I ever saw the Atilla again, so he probably didn't repair it. I intend scratching that itch and some years ago bought a Flair Atilla kit, which will work it's way up the to be built list in due course. In the meantime I have a Magnatilla, but it's not the same.

Attila.jpg.b936772a29bac7ac6472439cc6dc55af.jpg

Another model that I loved and lost was my Global Birdie 10, a classic wee Birdie style aerobat, which flew beautifully on an OS.10 2 stroke and was probably my favourite model at the time. As part of my move to 100% electric flight the Birdie 10 was converted to electric with a Mega 16/25-4 and 8xCP1300 NiCds - she was just as nice with electric - not overpowered but what I'd describe as dead honest in flight, going exactly where you pointed her. Unfortunately that ended up being going directly where I didn't want to point her, ending up in the River Mersey and never seen again. I searched for a replacement kit for many years, then managed to find one, which also awaits construction in due course.

birdie10.jpg.81864bfa12fe3abede803b5df0107c6c.jpg

There are a few others, but notably the first model that I've completed and actually sold in more than 30 years is performing magnificently in the hands of my pal Jim, who had been looking for one for ages and I couldn't say no when he asked if I'd part with the model in part exchange for the lovely Dornier DO17 that he'd scratch built for me. I'm still searching for a replacement and one day I will find one, I'm sure.

427809469_13thMay2023-1.thumb.jpg.2629f3627eaef596bfbf84172a9d7cae.jpg

• Like 2

I wish I had kept my Century Hawk heli with Funkey Airwolf camo fuselage. I had it for nearly a decade, regularly flying it 5 or 6 times a month. It was a bit on the heavy side but the Irvine 36 never missed a beat. No crash landings or even a hard bump in 100s of flights. In the end I got bored with it and sold the fuselage but kept the mechanics for other fuselages. I should have just moth-balled it for a few years. A professional photographer friend took this shot, with some photoshop enhancements I reckon.

Airwolf5.thumb.jpg.8b6866aefcb3fad4ceb2c9a54a06b407.jpg

Please don't laugh....

Really wish I had my original hiboy MK1 3 channel.

The first "proper" largish trainer I had, gp magnum 40 engine and futaba challenger RC combo. Took a good year to save for and a good flier. Flew the shocks off it.

I still have the RC and engine.....

If anyone has an unstarted kit, or partially assembled one ( not a disassembled one due to impact ) I would be very interested.

I will see if I can find a photo of the one I made...

There's nothing quite like your "first love".....

• Like 3

I had a Howard Metcalfe Models TA152H hand launch fighter with an OS15FP and it was my favourite for ages.

It came with a plastic fuselage and blue foam wing cores that needed to be glass cloth covered as the design didn’t use veneer.  
It flew better than the Cambria equivalents and was much lighter.  

Still no idea why I parted with it and really wish I could find another… Doh! 

6 hours ago, martin collins 1 said:

Nate 01.jpg

SG1L0947.JPG

they were both lovely models to witness in the air , even had a go with the nate when my mate aquired it somewere down the line 

andy

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sheepish said:

I had a Howard Metcalfe Models TA152H hand launch fighter with an OS15FP and it was my favourite for ages.

It came with a plastic fuselage and blue foam wing cores that needed to be glass cloth covered as the design didn’t use veneer.  
It flew better than the Cambria equivalents and was much lighter.  

Still no idea why I parted with it and really wish I could find another… Doh! 

I had one, sold when still a kit--- Drat