I have inherited loads of RC plane stuff to sell.

Paul Reid

Crikey, there is enough there for you to fill a BMFA auction by yourself!

Do you have a 'traditional' auction house in your area? They often have sales of specific genres of items once or twice a year. Toys and games perhaps.

Alternatively, if there are several times the quantity that you have shown stored in other places they might have an auction specific to that collection.

I went to one such auction some years ago now, a model railway collection. The prices attained for most items were well up with the price guides of the time.

Brian.

Edited by RottenRow

Hi Paul,

I bet your your head is spinning a bit probably, and sorrow for your loss.

No one has mentioned places like Barton's control line forum for that sort of stuff yet.

Kiel Kraft etc. rekitted kits from the likes of vintage model company, j Perkins and mail order shops like SMC etc., which  would give you an idea of expected prices.....

Some research needed yet, yes, and there is always the likes of eBay.

All depends on what you want to do, the best more desirable stuff  will always sell first but the remainder will have a value, often with hidden gems in the collection.

Any incling of what your benefactor would have wanted will also have a bearing on your feelings and method of realising the collections *real" and deserved worth.

There will be a market out there for all items in this collection.

Again, sorry for your loss, take your time and do not be pressured.

When my father died he left a huge workshop (though much smaller than the one I grew up with) full of tools and artefacts, mostly related to horology.  My brother and I took in a lot of the tools but neither of us were interested in horology (he's a prolific artist and rail modeller and I have a few hobbies, too!).  The British Horological Society arranged for it all to be auctioned off in Derby at a special event (I think there were some other objects but it was mostly dad's stuff IIRC).  In view of the amount aeromodelling stuff Paul seems to have (much of it very desirable to the right people) I wonder if the BMFA might consider a similar approach.  If what Paul's posted above is merely a selection then it looks like there'd be enough to attract bidding.

As its free and you have a captive audience i would see what you can sell here first. Perhaps list one wardrobe/cupboard at a time to keep the work manageable and see how you get on. Personally, i would also rather spread the love a little and sell 10 people one kit each rather than one chap buying up the lot. It would be more work, but given how rare some of the kits are i would personally like to see them in a variety of homes were they mine. If someone wants more than one their interest can be recorded and a follow up can be made later if there are no other buyers and kits are left without a home. Just seems fairer to let everyone have a chance, at least to me anyway. 

If at the end of all that there are leftovers then tap up one of the bulk buy places and shift the last of it that way. 

I will throw my hat in the ring for the ASP radial. If you have a price in mind let me know. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Paul.

There is the best way and the most profitable way, plus variations.

If you want maximum profit, then sell individually but don't forget. Time is valuable !

If you want easiest, then through the local auction house.

I would suggest (as others have done) that to get a good return at minimal expense (only Facebook, Gumtree and on this forum are free), then to contact Manny at BMFA.

I know he will give you honest advice and if it means anything to you then the BMFA auctions are usually attended by model enthusiasts like your father,

rather than auction scavengers who are looking to move on and take profit.

• 1 month later...

Calling Paul reid  at  @paul reid

Over...

Of course, he may not want to answer......

But just in case...

Hi Paul, might you still have the kk joker control line model in its redish box please ?

Very good price offered/paid.

Over.......

Edited by Rich Griff

@Rich Griff, to tag someone you have to type the@ symbol, then immediately the first letters of their username, and a drop down will appear - either select their ID with your pointing device, or keep typing their username until it appears as the only item on the list:

image.png.f342dedecacac34ec19e2679d3bc3f38.png 

They will then get a notification via the forum in line with however they have set up their notifications to be delivered (either via email, or just via the web interface). If their name doesn't appear in the blue box with rounded ends when you post, you haven't tagged them and they won't be notified.

PS - Looks like he hasn't logged in since Dec 10th...

image.png.abd14f0fea190abdd087e616a6109c2b.png

Edited by MattyB

@MattyB ah ha...eventually found your tag, thanks Mattyb...

I have pm'd him some time ago but no answer....as said he does not have to reply if he does not want to, just like anyone else really....

He probably has not even popped in to see how things are, again it's not mandatory.

Hope he gets a good price for his inheritance...

• 1 month later...