Warbirds Replicas Hawker Tempest V -Mass Build 2024(part two) .

45 minutes ago, Graham R said:

When is Ron going to start the video build?

Not got mine yet but soon will have! So despite the fact that the Mystic is in the final build stages I am going to put that to one side and start the Tempest, next week??

9 minutes ago, RICHARD WILLS said:

which has arms about 3mm too short

I’m thinking of 3D printing one the correct size using some CF reinforced filament 

• Like 1

Advert

1 hour ago, Ron Gray said:

Not got mine yet but soon will have! So despite the fact that the Mystic is in the final build stages I am going to put that to one side and start the Tempest, next week??

I’m thinking of 3D printing one the correct size using some CF reinforced filament 

👍👍

Its easier than that on the Tempest 

Each kit comes with square mounting packing pieces to make back of the spinner match the cowl front . 

Using the X mount as a template , you can just drill and screw the forwardmost one to the motor , then screw that plate to the one behind . 

Simples (as the meerkat says ) .

• Like 1

I was planning to finish mine next week but it hasn't arrived yet. 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Wihtgar said:

What size is the hole in the spinner disc Richard?

Nigel

I would guess it starts at about 6mm . Easy to ream out though . If your motor shaft is too thin , I can send you some inserts that will make it fit . 

Most motors, man enough, will have 8mm prop shafts . 

Yes, its 6mm which fits my 3548 motor Richard. I know because the kit arrived safely today. Watched the Parcelforce van go by our bungalow this morning so thought not today and went out to fetch the dog food.  When we got back there was a note on the doormat saying parcel at the local Post Office. So, picked it up and ready to go!

Nigel

• Like 1

Mine arrived just now, two hours later than the expected delivery time shown on the tracker.  But after yesterday's performance, I'm counting that as a win!  Looks great as normal, glueing starts tomorrow!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bucksboy said:

Mine arrived just now, two hours later than the expected delivery time shown on the tracker.  But after yesterday's performance, I'm counting that as a win!  Looks great as normal, glueing starts tomorrow!

That's a relief . I was beginning to think that you and Sebastian would be swinging hand bags come the weekend . 😬

• Like 1

Mine arrived late today, with more good weather forecast for the weekend not much building planned. Chipmunk to ready for tomorrow been in the shed since last summer. 

Starting the Tempest Monday as rain is forecast.

If anyone is really itching to get on with their build but are not quite sure due to the (intentional) lack of instructions, why not hang fire for a few days and wait for Eric and me to get cracking as we can make the mistakes before you do!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If anyone is really itching to get on with their build but are not quite sure due to the (intentional) lack of instructions, why not hang fire for a few days and wait for Eric and me to get cracking as we can make the mistakes before you do!

That is my intention!!! 🤣

• Haha 1

Ron, I’m happy waiting until I’ve finished (and recovered from!) the Beaufighter build… might wait until Richard adds the retracts and just build it from the beginning with them in place. 🤔

Had a quick rummage through the Tempest kit that arrived today (wife was out!)

A very complete kit, super laser cutting, nicely drawn plan and I wish I could cut cores like that. 

Start next week and attempt to keep up with Ron. Well, it is good to have ambition at any rate!

• Like 1

Parcel Farce apparently attempted delivery this morning but claimed no-one was in. I was at home all day. They also claimed to have left a note to tell me whether to collect the parcel from my Post Office or the local depot. Guess what? No note.

I only found this out after checking the tracking number later in the day. I declined redelivery tomorrow (£12 extra!) and collection from the Post Office (£1) so will wait for the next attempt on Monday.

This is not the first time this has happened so why does this delivery company consistently fail to find my house when all the others manage it?

• Sad 1

Yes Nick , I sense your frustration . The funny thing is , you live at number 558 . That is how long the road is , so dont tell me they dont recognise it !

Sadly this happens all the time . We sent out 30 kits and three had a saga of some kind . I would say that is probably representative on the whole . 

Parcel Force have actually been performing better than DHL and UPS for us in the last year or so . The others also have a sneaky trick of charging the sender a "fuel supplement" charge if you are unfortunate to have an account with them . They never give a reason why . 

Also getting them to pay on a claim is virtually impossible , as the ask us , the manufacturer for a receipt of purchase !

We dont purchase we manufacture !

Anyway , seems like they have all pretty much made it and dodged everyone's holidays and awaydays.

I do wonder if the "skipping Friday delivery " is a scam to make you pay £12 the next day for a special weekend delivery . 

Weve had at least two, maybe three on this batch . 

Mine’s got as far as their Exeter depot, where it has been ‘prepared for delivery’ twice now. Whatever that means. I suspect it will get here on Monday.

I use PF to send repaired electronic items for my work. Sometimes they fail to deliver with the reason given as ‘insufficient address details’ or ‘could not find address’. These include rather obvious destinations; a recent one was Port Talbot steelworks. One must question the driver’s eyesight if he couldn’t find that….

Brian.

• Haha 1

I registered a complaint with Parcel Force after Sebastian couldn’t find my address/went for around of golf the other day.  They replied promptly saying they had looked into the matter but ‘unfortunately there were no details about why the delivery failed’. So, a thorough investigation into the failed delivery, not.  
I felt like complaining about the poor handling of my complaint but this could go on for a long time.  So, like everyone else, I’ll put up with declining standards, poor service and just get on with life.  Thanks heavens it wasn’t anything important.  Hang on, it’s a Tempest, of course it’s important!  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, RICHARD WILLS said:

The funny thing is , you live at number 558

I know how it sounds but it's actually the 1st house on the right-hand side of the main road as you enter the village from the North; the earlier 557 houses don't seem to exist!

Let's hope Monday's driver is a bit more concientious.