Lost drone.

Out at early this morning to check on cows near calving which are in field next to house.

On the walk back came across a lost drone in the grass just some twenty yards from the house.

Put it on kitchen table and went to do something, came back after a few mins and it was flashing its lights like crazy.

709954112_lostdrone.thumb.JPG.b2c53200306de8dfe35903081c8930a3.JPG I know very little about drones but guess it was hoping for a response from its controller. Pulled the batt as did not want it lifting off in the house [perhaps] 

Only marking says MINI 3 on body and CINE Z908 max on rotor arms.

Edited by J D 8
more info

Advert

No Operator ID anywhere?

If you are on a farm you might anticipate the owner coming to claim the drone, assuming that they know roughly where it came down. You absolutely did the right thing pulling the battery IMO -as you said, you don't want it attempting to lift off inside your house.

22 minutes ago, leccyflyer said:

No Operator ID anywhere?

There's a surprise.😉

No drone expert myself, but a quick Google turns up a Mini 3 as a DJI product worth a few hundred quid by the looks of it, not sure if that's what it is though. Must have been lost over the bank holiday if it was found early this morning. Spoiled somebody's fun.

Edited by Cuban8

Yes, been lots of visitors over the weekend and there are some carpark/viewing spots near by.

Could be contact lost if flown from behind rock outcrop back of house.

Will leave on gatepost and see if anyone claims, DJ clone I think.

If not claimed will give to club member drone flyer.

I agree that it looks like a knock off rather than an original DJI product, probably why it failed to return to home/launch point.  There is likely to be a small flap with the micro SD card inside.  Have a look to see what pictures it was taking before it was lost, it might give a clue to the owner.

• Like 1

Yes JD, you know that but do they ?

Even a tatty old land rover ( tax and mot exempt I hope with a reg like TAF 123 🤓🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 ) is worth quite something, even as spares .

Lots of National Trust land near Pembroke coast ( magnificent scenery and sloping opportunities, I known, I walked the coastal paths early 2000's, Dale etc. ) area 

No drones or other "powered" model flying.

Does this drone have a camera ?

Is this drone under 250g ?

Leccy highlighted caa number ...

Does operate even have insurance ?

Way too many " negatives" to suggest that pilot is in fact "dishonest"  and may be up to no good ?

No number, no hatch, no SD to be seen [ I opened it up]. Yes has camera that nods up and down when turned on.  Only 170g with batt on kitchen scales. Recon this one something of a parkfly and just went out of range.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Frank Skilbeck said:

If the lights were still flashing the owner can't have been too far away otherwise the batteries would be flat.

Doubt it as was found at first light this morning. Was not flashing when found, nearly stood on it. Only started flashing when been on kitchen table for a bit. Perhaps it felt warmer.:classic_biggrin: Just a basic clone I think.

Edited by J D 8
correction

20 minutes ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Tell the local paper reporter that It fell out of the sky when a Boeing went past, and you will get all the papers posting it on the front page, the TV will all jump on the bandwagon stating 350 lives at risqué of crashing, in a town etc, and of course the Police.

votre correcteur orthographique fonctionne en français

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dickw said:

Is it this one?

A cheap clone with limited range :- "11. Remote control distance (no interference): 200m"

Dick

Yes,thats the one, given the range limit likely flown from the old milk churn stand at end on lane. Popular with many for taking pics of the view.

7 hours ago, J D 8 said:

Out at early this morning to check on cows near calving which are in field next to house.

On the walk back came across a lost drone in the grass just some twenty yards from the house.

Put it on kitchen table and went to do something, came back after a few mins and it was flashing its lights like crazy.

709954112_lostdrone.thumb.JPG.b2c53200306de8dfe35903081c8930a3.JPG I know very little about drones but guess it was hoping for a response from its controller. Pulled the batt as did not want it lifting off in the house [perhaps] 

Only marking says MINI 3 on body and CINE Z908 max on rotor arms.

No CAA ID then ?

1 hour ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Tell the local paper reporter that It fell out of the sky when a Boeing went past, and you will get all the papers posting it on the front page, the TV will all jump on the bandwagon stating 350 lives at risqué of crashing, in a town etc, and of course the Police.

Not far off there Paul if we had a time machine.

Pic's are of a Airliner fuel cap [ a Boeing I suspect :classic_biggrin:] my Dad found in a hole in the field many moons ago. Weighs a couple of pounds!

Farm is under the air lane to middle Americas. Locking system is faulty, open when should be locked.

avro cap2.JPG

avro cap 1.JPG

• Confused 3