Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

Advert

old couple go to the doc's, hubby's a bit deaf and feeling under the weather.

doc says, I'm going to need a stool sample, semen sample And a urine sample

the old boy says .............Pardon

doc says a bit louder, I need a stool, sample, semen sample and a urine sample

the old boy says ...............pardon

The wife leans over and says give him your pants

• 2 weeks later...

I had to laugh at part of the video accompanying this article on the BBC News website yesterday about the self-shredding Banksy artwork.

To remind you, this was a framed Banksy picture that unexpectedly shredded itself (or mostly) immediately after being sold last week for £860,000 at Sotheby's.

Banksy (apparently) uploaded a video showing how the artwork and frame were assembled and that it was meant to toally shred the picture, not stop two-thirds of the way through.

So what made me laugh?

Have a look at a partial screen-grab from the video, and wonder for a moment at the asbestos fingers the technician actor in the video must have had to be able to use a soldering iron like this...

banksy1.jpg

Posted by Daithi O Buitigh on 19/10/2018 22:26:31:

Actually John it's not that uncommon. I used to clean the tip of an iron by flicking my fingertip over it (it was just a learned knack).

Anyone who has used soldering irons on a daily basis can do that - the trick is in knowing HOW to do it

Alternatively, see the quote from the film "Lawrence of Arabia" below

Potter: [trying to copy Lawrence's snuffing a match with his fingers] Oooh! It damn well hurts.
Lawrence: Certainly it hurts.
Potter: Well, what's the trick then?
Lawrence: The trick, William Potter, is not minding that it hurts.

Edited By Shaun Walsh on 20/10/2018 07:55:35

I think that the point is that the soldering iron is not just being flicked but gripped firmly on the hot part that contains the heating element.

Doing that will burn deep into the flesh. I am sure that those of us who do regular soldering will realise that.

Of course I could be wrong. PLEASE if I am wrong can I watch anyone who says I am wrong soldering like that? I am a sadist!!!!

Posted by Fun Flyer on 20/10/2018 11:41:07:
Posted by Peter Miller on 20/10/2018 08:19:14:

Of course I could be wrong. PLEASE if I am wrong can I watch anyone who says I am wrong soldering like that? I am a sadist!!!!

I suppose that's why you keep tormenting us mere mortals with endless excellent designs!!

Well it is more fun that holding hot soldering irons!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
First Christmas Joke:

Three men died on Christmas Eve and were met by Saint Peter at the pearly gates.

'In honor of this holy season' Saint Peter said, 'You must each possess something that symbolizes Christmas to get into heaven.'

The Englishman fumbled through his pockets and pulled out a lighter. He flicked it on. 'It's a candle', he said.
'You may pass through the pearly gates' Saint Peter said.

The Scotsman reached into his pocket and pulled out a set of keys. He shook them and said, 'They're bells.'
Saint Peter said 'You may pass through the pearly gates'.

The Irishman started searching desperately through his pockets and finally pulled out a pair of women's panties.

St. Peter looked at the man with a raised eyebrow and asked, 'And just what do those symbolize?'
'These are Carols.'

Edited By David Ashby - Moderator on 23/12/2018 18:58:13