Fantasy Formula 1 (Fantasygp.com)

the unmagnificent man

That looks a bit complicated to my old brain. Have to trust Fantasygp get it right. Might make more work for John lots of extra bonus points.

John it is in the how to play section of Fantasygp site. not good at links sorry.

John

Edited by John Tee
typing errors
  • Like 1

Couldn't resist joining for another season, thanks for allowing me to do so. Although my zest for RC has unfortunately gone (driven partly by the loss of my flying site), the competitive spirit hasn't, so once again it's "Gentlemen, start your engines......and may the best man win!"

I mean Lewis, of course....😃

• Like 3

On 24/02/2023 at 22:05, iqon said:

Yep, but I`m on top........... lol

OK,  so for the avoidance of any doubt...  Here is how the league looks right now; 

Pos League
Rank
Team Manager Pts
Rankings are random until after the first race
1 0 0 The JP Specials johnpflyrc 0
2 0 0 teewrex John Tee 0
3 0 0 Oyster f1 Glenn Philbrick 0
4 0 0 Team Charles Picd Charles Pic 0
5 0 0 LetsGoTotoLetsGo GrumpyGnome 0
6 0 0 Hans Brake Zoonie 0
7 0 0 Pitts Specials john stones 0
8 0 0 DMFC Racing Team Simon Webb 0
9 0 0 Revers Racing Pete B 0
10 0 0 Essex Racing Tony Clark 0
11 0 0 GASTON Formula Chris McG 0
12 0 0 Iqonic racing iqon 0
13 0 0 Norfolk Flyers Kevin Fairgrieve 0

So, in my view, Iqon is 12th and it's me at the top.  😁

All this of course will change on Sunday,  and I have at last picked my team.  I used the same method to pick the team that Ferrari used last season for their tactical decisions,  so I confidently expect that I will soon be in the table where Iqon is right now. Or possibly lower...

Just under 12 hours until the first practice session starts in Bahrain, and maybe we'll get some clue as to the how the teams compare.  I'll be back tomorrow evening with your customary reminder!

• Like 2

Evening all!

Here we are then,  at the start of the 2023 season, and the first two practice sessions have already been run. 

P1 say Perez setting fastest time in his Red Bull, not far short of half a second ahead of Alonso in the Aston Martin.  Verstappen was next, 0.6 seconds off the pace, with Norris fourth, but 1.4 seconds slower than Perez.  Hamilton and Russell were over 2 seconds off the fastest time in 10th and 11th.

P2 saw Alonso setting fastest time, around .017s ahead of Verstappen and Perez.  Leclerc was 4th, 0.46s behind.  Hamilton managed 8th this time, with Russell down in 13th.

So,  who's running off to change their team in light of the practice results so far?  Don't forget we have free team changes in the first two rounds,  after which 6 changes are allowed before 10-point penalties apply for any further team changes.  But for now,  whether or not you're changing your teams;

Don't forget your predictions!

P3 is at 11:30 on Saturday (UK time) followed by qualifying at 15:00.  Sunday's race is also at 15:00

Good luck everyone!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, John Privett said:

So,  who's running off to change their team in light of the practice results so far? 

Not me, did predictions weeks ago. = I`m Happy........not changing anything.

Interesting... 

In P3 Alonso has again set fastest time,  though only 0.005 seconds ahead of Verstappen.  Perez third, a tenth behind with Hamilton a further tenth of a second slower in 4th.

And yes I have changed both my team and my predictions just now.  By tomorrow afternoon I'll probably regret having done that!

I hope to join you all next week, having just returned from a 4 week holiday. Now catching up with all things I have not done and need to do.

I have been somewhat puzzled how the suggestion that RB and Ver winning again this season will be disastrous for F1. Seem to forget the several year dominance of F1 by Mercedes, with a vastly superior car and power unit. Their refusal to accept any change that might threaten their total dominance. At least with Ferrari, others were reasonably free to emulate them.

Anyway, for LH, if the pundits are correct, then the high point of his career could have past. He could be joining Fernando or Vettel, racing mainly for the fun of it. From the Mercedes perspective it seems about the right time to shift their attention to Norris. Is he the way of the Future?

I will be looking at the results of tomorrow to help format what my team could look like, given the constraints, accepting I will occupy last place!

I do admire RB, their lack of money, always admired those punching above their weight, and constantly being sniped at.

• Like 1

Hi to all,

Well, still alive but not 'kicking' that much (yet, I hope)...

The surgery went OK, a few days in IC & back home since yesterday.

I'm still under heavy pain stilling medication so might be writing some total rubbish (once more !).

I just discovered the points rewards for 2023 changed quite a bit, including some points awarded for the sprint races...

I tried to understand but my sick/old neurons quickly gave up...

... at least I'm back & I made some rubbish predictions as well...

Cheers & good luck to all

Chris

• Like 4

I'm afraid to admit I got too involved helping my son move house today that I did not get my predictions in on time, so I guess I will be propping everybody up. Never mind the only way is up !! Looks like a predictable result unless Alonso can put a spanner in the works. Ferrari look to be starting the season off as they finished from last year.

• Sad 1

OK - qualifying highlights on channel 4 are now over!

Chris - good to see you back!  

Glenn - sometimes 'real life' gets in the way of things...  At least you had a good 'excuse' for missing your predictions.  I'm sure I missed mine once last season with no excuse whatsoever - even after reminding you all to do yours! 😧

• Thanks 1