Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Manish,

Congratulations on getting it up in the air, really pleased for you after the multi year build. It looks absolutely brilliant and I hope that you get as much enjoyment out of flying it as I have done with mine. It is a pity we are too far apart to fly them together.

Peter.

Posted by Manish Chandrayan on 12/10/2019 16:24:23:

Falcon Models quarter scale Tiggy. Finally saw some air under the wheels for the first time

018.jpg

Manish,

Looking closely at your photo, it appears you employed the same test pilot for the maiden flight that I did. I guess he had accumulated some experience with the typelaugh.

dsc06452.jpg

I also note the trace of exhaust smoke, something I have never had with mine, although I have now added a sound system which improves the ambiance during flight, I must get some new video recorded and posted.

Hello! Peter,

Both aircraft sport "Brookland" on them. Looks like services of a common pilot were availed wink

Thank you folks for the kudos. I am relived as this had been a long pending project. Still some odd bits to add and some tweaks to make which will happen in due course.

Can't thank enough all the help I received in various ways from so many folks. Especially you Peter. Thank you once againyes

Chris , the model has a Laser 150 at the pointy end running an APC 16x8

Some more pictures Glide path.jpg

Rear cockpit

Posted by Max Z on 05/10/2019 18:25:41:

Successful first flight today, who recognises it?

Diamona, Featured in EQFI Magazine, August 2002.

I like your unusual designs Max, hopefully your new Diamona design will be published at some stage? The original was only 25in span so presumably you have scaled it up a tad. Also the original was for Speed 400 power, so what are you using now? Original below...

img_5331.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

While back I posted a question about electrifyng a PMP Vagabond.
Inundated with one reply (thanks Steve) but undaunted, finished the model off, and here it is.
Recently downsized, so looks like most of my building will be done in the kitchen. This is the first product of my pseudo workshop. At least I'm not far from a cup of coffee when needed.
Couple of questions.
I'm using a FlySky FS-i6 with a FSiA6 receiver. As most have noticed this TX does not come with a range check function, so could I use the error messages on the screen to tell me how good the reception is?
Thinking to walk away from the model watching the screen until I get a poor reading.
If this works, how much of an error is acceptable, and how far away should I be?
Finally, among my winter projects will be the Mini (44" Capiche, from Malcolm Corbin.
Got the plan from Sarik, but it lacks abit of detail. Anybody built one, or alternatively has a copy of the magazine (RCME Sept 2000) it was published in.

Cheers

Jeff

Having seen the original in the flesh I built one when the plan came out, OS 25FX powered. As far as I know it still exists, having been passed around the club a bit.

As for the whereabouts now of the mag. and plan, they will be buried amongst the rest of my junk somewhere.

Construction is quite simple and should give you no problems. What is missing from your plan? It would take me forever to find what you want now, but come back if you are really stuck.

dscn0004.jpgdscn0001#1.jpgdscn0003.jpgHi Martin, thanks

I assume the model that got the OS25 was the Capiche, not the one I pictured. An OS on the front of the Vagabond would be a missile, not a plane.
Anyway, just started on the build and a couple of things I have to work out.
I am planning on using the plug-in wings, to give more space for the battery, but the plan gives no details of how they are held in place. Also, the elevator uses an intenal pushrod, which I like, but I'm planning on glassing the fuz, so I would need this pushrod and elevator joiner in place before I glass the fuz, but not the tailplane.
Have to think about that one, but if anyone else has sen this issue, always a better mousetrap, etc.
For everone else, found a way to attach photos from an album, so added some more, easily accessed ones.

Cheers

Jeffdscn0001#1.jpg

Mig 142 LFI smaller single engine brother of the mig 144 MFI (project flatpack as dubbed by the USA) however this never made it off the drawing board unlike the 144. This 1/12 scale model is 4.5kg and has glass fus and foam/balsa wings and was supposed to be turbine powered but i went for a 65ax initially.

It was a "quick" knock up intended to test the concepts for my big 1/8th mig 144 which will have twin vt80s.(last pic).

Some of the design features found their way to the j10 however!

20191102_215749.jpg

20191102_215916.jpg 20191102_215425.jpg

20191102_215609.jpg

20191102_215628.jpg

Mig 144

Edited By dave windymiller on 03/11/2019 20:19:55

Edited By dave windymiller on 03/11/2019 20:23:45