Winter seems to have arrived, who's been flying?

Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 05/11/2014 15:22:03:

I enjoyed the video James, what a nice site you have there thumbs up

Thanks David, we've been busy making improvements (drainage etc) and things are really starting to pay off now. If you are ever up in Yorkshire (near Harrogate) then feel free to pop in, we have a 'who's going flying' calendar on our website that members find helpful, after all modellers love a natter !

**LINK**

Posted by dave parnham on 07/11/2014 19:38:45:

peter Jenkins.....lovely photo. I notice you have one or two? Spot on's there. How do they fly?

I have one in the queue waiting for a OS70Fs

cheers dave.

I have a spot on 50! With an OS 55ax. They are really nice fliers and great value for money. Take the time and trouble to get them really well trimmed out and they are a plane that will give you good aerobatics. I have to report that they are not prone to tip stall. The covering trim is a bit weak though.

Hello Aeronauts,

good to see some Autumn scenes of flying from the old country! And the well groomed airfields. Unfortunately I haven't got any club, just a few local fields that I visit usually with the kids and the dog.

Yesterday it was a fine day here so the family and I went up to a local slope soaring spot on ' The Old Post Way'. There were no fliers up there, just an eccentric fellow playing his flugelhorn.

The view is across towards Switzerland - the border being approx 15km away - and the full rack of the Swiss Alps in the distance.

Featuring my Easy Trainer which is the only craft I've got til I pull my finger out and finish building my Spirit. The ole foam bone actually performed quite well, getting some good lift off the moderate winds.

Posted by James Hindle on 05/11/2014 16:12:17:
Posted by David Ashby - RCME on 05/11/2014 15:22:03:

I enjoyed the video James, what a nice site you have there thumbs up

Thanks David, we've been busy making improvements (drainage etc) and things are really starting to pay off now. If you are ever up in Yorkshire (near Harrogate) then feel free to pop in, we have a 'who's going flying' calendar on our website that members find helpful, after all modellers love a natter !

**LINK**

That's a darn good idea thumbs up

A beautiful day on Sunday - took a bunch of scaleish things to fly including my flair SE5a. Well It was remembrance sunday after all.

However the laughter from the pits about the wobbly performance of the aforementioned biplane means I will now sort it out if I can. Currently it has so much warp in the port wing that to turn left you use aileron but to turn right you must use rudder as the aileron has no effect. Seems I'll have to apply some scale rigging to dial that out!

Turned into a bit of a four stoke fest as out of 10 or so planes there, 6 had four strokes, one two stroke and three were electric.

Hurrah for glow.

Sunday was a lovely day at BVRMC in the North East too. Got out for a couple of hours flying my Electric Pushycat and Twinstar and my ic Exocet delta. Only problem was me showing off doing inverted passes as low as I dare with my Twinstar resulting in its first inverted landing blush and unfortunately snapping a prop. Typically I had spares with me for the other 2 planes but not for Twinstar as thought I'll never snap one of those ha.

Also found out that my Exocet is a right git to hand launch when their is no wind, 1st attempt resulted in a massive torque roll into the ground but luckerly no damage 2nd launch was slightly better but still a bit close for comfort so think it's time to look at sticking some wheels on it.

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 11/11/2014 11:18:31

Hi baz,

Or maybe make a launch dolly for you're Exocet,

I also had a good day out Sunday , I took my sons IC trainer as he had gone to a friends party .

I gave it a good outing it loops rolls for fun and the best thing is ,now that i have sorted the Engine out it will fly for over half an hour on one tank smiley.

dscf1185.jpg

I also took both my Sipa 200 , i tried several times to do a dolly launch but the grass was too long and wet , and so had to resort to hand launch .

Spent all six of my batteries on them , Flying anything else after them just seems slow .

Needless to say i had a fun day out.

Steve

Edited By Stephen Jones on 11/11/2014 22:10:15

Just been down the field for half an hour to maiden my Radjet. All I can say is wow, I had 2 four minute flights as the battery's are only 1300mah and on full throttle its pulling 45ah static with a 2350kv motor and 5.5x4.5 propellor. It flys around happy on 1/3 throttle and then when you go to full throttle and pull vertical it's gone in seconds. Will adjust flight time once I see how many mah charging puts back in the lipo, but small checker says around 20% left. Will also speed test it once I squeeze gps speed monitor in.

Straight on the computer when I get home to order another 4 or even 6 battery's.

Radjet

Baz

Edited By brfc7 on 13/11/2014 11:16:54

Edited By brfc7 on 13/11/2014 11:21:06

Finally got to the field today after a long hiatus from flying; took 3 models. Decided to get the Wot 4 up first to blow the cobwebs away - oops, one of the 2 wing dowels has snapped off flush with the LE sad

OK, let's fly the Greensleeve glider - oh dear, where are the wings? Guess what, still at home crying 2

Right, then let's fly the Bird Dog; spent 2 hours trying to get the engine running right but to no avail.

Oh well, al least I got some fresh air and chatted with friends!