what colour for white skies

rcaddict

Advert

I put some fluorescent orange film (don't recall if it was solarfilm or profilm) in the wingtips and elevator of my white pushycat. That made quite a difference to the visibility in low-light, greyish-white skies.

2013-11-18 21.56.07.jpg

The film has now faded severely, it just looks pale yellow! Time to replace it I reckon!

David - "La Rosse d'Hiver"? literally the winter nag (as in old horse), I guess that's equivalent to what many of us would call a Winter Hack?

IMHO against an allover cloud sky - black!

Complete

52" span and still visible at 2000' against cloud.

At a distance flying straight and level it will be almost 'edge on' so you want as much black as possible.

If you do momentarily loose sight of it the wings are the largest area so you will spot them first in a bank so black top and bottom. Once you have it back in sight you at least stand a chance of sorting its direction out.wink 2

They were even cheaper last year when I bought some so have a look around. I've stuck them on a foam 3D profile model and when I'm not flying it in the dark (really good fun by the way) they work superbly in dull, overcast and misty weather...

Although both red and white are very effective, my green ones seem to be the most visible in daylight.

Edited By Martin Harris on 13/11/2016 16:39:53

Posted by Neil67 on 13/11/2016 16:50:42:

Martin, new to LED strips. How do you connect to lipo.

Just red and black positive / negative wires. connect straight to a lipo or put a switch in the red line if you prefer. The RC switch is just as easy but you plug the switch into a spare channel on your RX. some even have multicolour options wit an infra red controller for different flashing sequences.

I use the balance lead on the Lipo, so 3S is about 12V so nice and bright. If you are using more that 3S just sue the 3S leads from the balance plug. Don't need a switch, just don't plug the balance lead in if you don't want the LED's + its all separate from the RX so little risk of a wiring/LED fault causing a loss of control

What battery are you using for the plane?