The Forecast

kevin b

Advert

We have had minus zero temps and snow for the last three weeks. Now this week we are in the mid teens, the snow has disappeared and it's going up to 18°C today. The problem is our Canadian province, Manitoba, went to Code Red or high Covid alert on Monday and that has closed our flying field.

sam_1771 (2).jpg Beautiful day here on the West Wales coast . Sun shine, only the slightest wind and even a bit warm. A rare day at this time of year.

After sorting some shed roof repairs following last weeks storms I had time for some radio assist flying with the Cardinal. On the forth flight I let it climb and climb until a dot in the skylaugh Lovely and cheering.sam_1770.jpg

I'd imagine that you're in a fairly small minority in having your flying field within your own property - shame you can't have a few mates round!

We certainly had a superb afternoon in the South East on Wednesday as a last hurrah to our club site for the next four weeks (or more) - I took advantage of the conditions to fly a selection of models and finally managed to get my veteran Sterling Stearman in the air for the first time this year - such a rewarding model to fly in the excellent conditions with the engine puttering away at scale speeds.

Yes Martin I am lucky to be able to fly at home, something I do a fair bit as it's a 70ml round trip to the club flying field so when I go it is for the day.

As you guessed GrumpyGnome coastal land is steep and rocky so it's hand launch or STOL types.

Spot where pic taken is also good for some slope flying in a North [BRR] wind. Some times I sit in the Land Rover to fly. 2.4 made this practical.

Having decent flying weather is mostly what we all need.smiley

Edited By J D 8 on 06/11/2020 11:58:10