Problem with changing pages in a thread

I should probably transfer my complaint here.

Every time I change pages in a thread, I get a blank screen. This has happened in the last few days due to some change in the forum software. Other users are also complaining about this.

The only remedy to this is to hit the refresh button, whereupon the requested page appears. This is not a satisfactory solution.

20 hours ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I should probably transfer my complaint here.

Every time I change pages in a thread, I get a blank screen. This has happened in the last few days due to some change in the forum software. Other users are also complaining about this.

The only remedy to this is to hit the refresh button, whereupon the requested page appears. This is not a satisfactory solution.

I was getting this yesterday, but seems to be working OK now.

Interesting.  I’ve tried to reproduce the problem on a number of browsers and devices since it was reported and can’t!

While it seems likely to be a forum problem, I wonder if it’s provider related due to page caching issues or similar?  I’m with BT - is anyone else on the same supplier getting the symptoms?

I'm also having the same 'advert' problem. What's concerning is that despite several days now of discussion about the problem there has been no feedback from anyone 'in authority' to say either, why it's happening, or what's been done to investigate it.

Of particular concern is the inability to move backwards through threads without either an advert appearing and blocking any further movement, or just a blank page.

Have the mods addressed this with Morton?

GDB

• Like 1

Yes and register later if you are a new 'poster' but you have to enter you email addy so if that already exists you will have to sign in to have your post associated with your account. For a new poster it also needs to be approved by the mods. 

Edited by Ron Gray

12 minutes ago, Andy Stephenson said:

I don't have Edge, what is Edge?

If running an updated version of Windows 10 you do have it. Edge is the inbuilt internet browser in Windows 10 since Internet Explorer was retired in June last year.

There are numerous ways of starting it as documented at https://www.digitalcitizen.life/start-microsoft-edge/

Curious to see if your problem is related to Firefox.

Edited by PDB