Great models you wish you still had!

I wish I still had my Heinkel 1076 54” span ,P38 Lightning 72”,both dual electric and Pss and both my own design but unfortunately they were stolen a few years ago along with veron vortex and a few other airframes from my garage.Police not interested.Really miss them as brilliant flyers.

CA4656B6-CD02-4151-8C43-3B02BCE4C3B5.jpeg

5665719B-99D2-4D92-8115-8C6D1E6A2849.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Engine Doctor said:

Wish I still had my Pacific Model Gee Bee as in my avatar.  A great model to fly and had real presence in the air . Zenoah 45 power and sounded great  It was bribed away from me with a lot of cash and promptly badly7 damaged by the new owner wh i was told had never flown a larger model ! 

GeeBee at Stickfast.jpg

Got the yellow/black one of these, fitted a 26cc Zenoah to it, also bought a set of Robart oleo legs for it, just got to fit those and the spats before i can get it airborne.

21 hours ago, martin collins 1 said:

Hi Andy, not seen you since the NATS at Barkston ended, whatcha flying now? 

not a lot at moment couple foamies & a warbirds replica spitfire which i love but has taken a while to get to that stage it has to be flown all the time or it can be a bit of a handful , probably my building as every bodys seem to be pussy cats ,got quite a few half done  models that i must get done plus one hanger queen  (chad veitch  hellcat ) i built 7 dennis richardson kindly finished off for me  that for several reasons i haven't wanted to fly it .

14063257042_1382b0f838_o.jpg

• Like 3

A bit prosaic compared to some of the lovely models in previous posts, but the one I miss the most is a kit built Sig 4 star 20.

48" wingspan, loads of power and endurance on a cheap 3s setup and lovely flying characteristics. Could drop that thing in on a sixpence.

If / when Sig start producing kits again, I'll get another. Lost the 1st to a radio problem (honest guv'nor).

Kim

DSC_0112.JPG

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Kim Taylor said:

A bit prosaic compared to some of the lovely models in previous posts, but the one I miss the most is a kit built Sig 4 star 20.

48" wingspan, loads of power and endurance on a cheap 3s setup and lovely flying characteristics. Could drop that thing in on a sixpence.

If / when Sig start producing kits again, I'll get another. Lost the 1st to a radio problem (honest guv'nor).

Kim

DSC_0112.JPG

Very nice plane. 

A good weekend this - no sooner had I said in this thread  that I would somehow find a replacement Vampire but there you go, one cropped up online last night, picked her up this morning so I'm a happy bunny. BNIB unstarted kit. It'll go in the queue, as I have a few other things on the go this week, but first thing will be to remove all the Durafly servos and replace them with something that I have more confidence in.

• Like 1

Well my favourite aerobatic plane to learn manoeuvres on was the Flair Giles 202. I think it was around 24 years ago but not sure. 

http://www.flairmodels.co.uk/Aircraft/ARTF_aerobatic/giles_202.htm

I got through two of them but Boy! did I have fun perfecting aeros at the time. Still got fond memories, From memory I think I used an OS 90FX up front or was it 1.60FX? The memory playing tricks on me. Ah! Happy days 😀 ✈️

• Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 13:52, Rich Griff said:

Please don't laugh....

Really wish I had my original hiboy MK1 3 channel.

The first "proper" largish trainer I had, gp magnum 40 engine and futaba challenger RC combo. Took a good year to save for and a good flier. Flew the shocks off it.

I still have the RC and engine.....

If anyone has an unstarted kit, or partially assembled one ( not a disassembled one due to impact ) I would be very interested.

I will see if I can find a photo of the one I made...

There's nothing quite like your "first love".....

Rich, there's a Mk1 Hiboy in this collection.  There's also a Falcon Kits Sunbeam which is a very nice model for a .25 or 30.
Mk1 HiBoy, Falcon Kits Sunbeam & Extra 300S in Wells1115591389_Mk1HiboyFalconKitsSunbeamExtra300S.thumb.jpg.9012822c9fdb03aa9bb87292a44472a6.jpg

Edited by Robin Colbourne
  • Like 1

On 05/08/2023 at 12:53, leccyflyer said:

Until very recently I'd never sold a model, though I have passed a few on.

One brilliant model that I wished I still had was a Flair Attilla, which was perfect for evening flying in those frequent calm summer evenings that we used to have, just puttering around with it's tiny OS 20 fourstroke. It certainly wasn't overpowered, in fact it couldn't get out of it's own way, but it was a lovely model to fly. I broke the wing in an inadvertent cartwheel and one of our older members had been fancying the model. At that stage in my modelling journey I wasn't experienced in assessing what was repairable and was happy to donate the wreckage, which was quite badly fuel soaked, to him as he was sure he could repair it. A few models down the line I regretted that and I don't think I ever saw the Atilla again, so he probably didn't repair it. I intend scratching that itch and some years ago bought a Flair Atilla kit, which will work it's way up the to be built list in due course. In the meantime I have a Magnatilla, but it's not the same.

Attila.jpg.b936772a29bac7ac6472439cc6dc55af.jpg

Leccyflyer, there's a Flair Attila wiht an SC30 four stroke for sale here:  https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/179191618508882?ref=marketplace_profile&referral_code=undefined

Edited by Robin Colbourne

I bought an EZ Sportsman 25H with an Eny SS30 on the front at a bring & buy (I think), just because I wanted a trainer type model for giving lessons at the time.  It turned out to be a really nice model as, with a near symmetrical wing section it was very aerobatic.  I think a battery failure caused its demise, going straight in from a good height. 
I subsequently found an unbuilt kit on Ebay 'collection only' and persuaded the seller to post it.

I don't have a picture of mine, but this is one off the net:

1863110692_EZSportsman25H.jpg.eb5217d9bcecf76c0f61021f59837892.jpg

• Like 2

The one I regret passing on was my Cresent Bullet. OS FSR 40 and Skyleader Radio, both of which I still have. When I took the gear out of it I discovered one of the servos only worked intermitantly. It was on the thottle and must have been relying the vibration to keep going!

Another was the Kamco Kadet. Same engine and radio. My instructor managed to fold the wing on it (not his fault, he was the unlucky one on the sticks when it went). I heard later that everybody thought that was the last they would see of me and the Kadet and were most surprised when I turned up the following week with a new scratch made foam veneer aileron wing, the fuselage having survived the impact unscathed.

The little PMP Wingbat with an SC25 on the front was good fun until I dumb thumbed it into a forest of burnt gorse in Jersey and shredded it. Flying it was like having a tiger by the tail. Stan never kitted this model because it was so hairy to fly. The roll rate was blink and miss it fast.

He did an EPP version called CrazyBat for a while which was a little bit bigger. His prototype has an SC25 and was a sweet thing to fly. Mine had an SC32 which tigered it up a bit. It was good fun with the Jen 37 too, no faster but it would go vertically upwards almost as fast as it would go verically downwards.