Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

48 minutes ago, Don Fry said:

Nah, given his location, a surfeit of Ricard. The numbers are postcodes. 

Yes 30100 is Ales in the Gard  near 'Nimes',,

And 34000 is Montpellier ,100 kilometres from Ales and 45 kilometres  from Nimes,

Ales is an industrial town and has a lot of the older generation workers.

Montpellier has mostly middle aged but also a lot of students and as the beach is near by they have no problem finding doctors.

you could probably translate,

Alés = lost welsh mining town

Montpellier = Porstmouth.

3 hours ago, Paul De Tourtoulon said:

Yes 30100 is Ales in the Gard  near 'Nimes',,

And 34000 is Montpellier ,100 kilometres from Ales and 45 kilometres  from Nimes,

Ales is an industrial town and has a lot of the older generation workers.

Montpellier has mostly middle aged but also a lot of students and as the beach is near by they have no problem finding doctors.

you could probably translate,

Alés = lost welsh mining town

Montpellier = Porstmouth.

See, still on the Ricard. Posted by St Emilion.

26 minutes ago, Robert Cracknell said:

Classic case of..."Don't do as I do, do as I tell you"

Also classic case “Don’t believe the photo, or motive of poster”, any one got any idea of location of the carbon burning factory in the photo. Just saying.

• Like 1

I couldn't find it previously used. Yes, sexist but that's the fun of it.... isn't it?

A professor of linguistics was asked by one of his students if a computer should be referred to as a "male" or a "female." With great trepidation, he decided to set up two groups of students to answer the question. One group was made up of male students. The other group was all female. After extensive study the groups claimed the following: 

The group of women reported that computers should be referred to as "HE" because: 

1. In order to get their attention you have to turn them on. 

2. They have a lot of data but are still clueless. 

3. They are supposed to help you solve problems but half the time they are the problem. 

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have had a newer and better model. 

The group of men reported that computers should be referred to as "SHE" because: 

1. No one but the creator understands their logic. 

2. The native language they use to talk to other computers is incomprehensible to anyone else.

3. Even your smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for later retrieval. 

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your pay-cheque on accessories for it. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 12

2 minutes ago, Brian Cooper said:

There will be a queue to watch the wretched pop-up problem getting repaired...

1238258955_2024-01-0515_25_08.thumb.png.2bc4754229aefd4fe157b6c86a3ef161.png

Well, when I was a pre-schooler I spent many hours watching my grandfather at his watch repair bench 🙂 

• Like 1