Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

A jockey was requested at short notice to ride a horse and as he had not  ridden it before he asked the trainer what sort of tactics to employ. The trainer replied that she was a very good finisher, to keep in touch with the leaders and at 3 furlongs to go to give a tickle with the whip and stretch her out. Down to the start, good start, tucked in behind the leaders and as instructed at 3 furlong mark a light encouragement and they were  in the lead, but all of a sudden a pork pie came flying over the barrier, caught him on the cheek  then  an empty champagne bottle hit his shoulder and nearly Knocked him out of the saddle, just as he had got his balance again a vol au vent hit his goggles , blinding him. When he managed to clear his vision the others were already over the line. As he reached the unsaddling enclosure the owner came storming up wanting to Know what went wrong when he was in the lead. Sorry boss he replied, I got hampered!                                                                     

The man who invented the cats eye was a very clever man, got the idea from cat's eyes reflected in a torch beam. Of course if the cat had been walking away he might have invented the pencil sharpener!      

It’s December, winter’s here, but
I refuse to put snow tyres on my car, because:

It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.
The effectiveness of snow tyres is not proven, except by studies carried out by tyre manufacturers and the government. 
My neighbour had an accident after putting on snow tyres: this proves how dangerous they are.
Some are already on their third set of snow tyres: this proves their ineffectiveness.
We do not know what snow tyres are made of.
Winter is a worldwide hoax created by the tyre companies to scare us and thus enrich themselves.
In fact, the tyre companies invented snow: they spread it at night while you sleep.
If you have snow tyres, the government can track you in the snow.

Educate yourself, open your eyes, stop being sheep!
This winter - snow tyres?!? Just say NO! You know it makes sense.

• Like 2