Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

I made an electric version of Mike Bells Hangar Monkey from his excellent plans published in Oct '16 RCME. Have done 6 flights and I am very happy with its performance.

The electric conversion required a bit of nose weight adding and it may have been better to put the servos nearer the CG rather than rear mounted (Mike did suggest this option!)

The ventilated spinner seems to do its job.

image.jpg

First go at FPV.

Not sure what the model is as I got it in a job lot back along.

Fitted with Immersionrc VTX and FatShark pan & tilt camera all controlled via Taranis and FrSky bits with a high precision altimeter. FatShark Attitude V3s with the inbuilt head tracker.

img_20170417_175436.jpg

img_20170417_175458.jpg

Very stable platform to start out with, happy with self hand launching and landing and general mooching around including loops which is novel.

Need to get some kind of OSD before I progress to fitting out my FunCub which will , I think, be a whole different ball game.

😂

Both the Zero and the Hangar Monkey look great, though the latter appeals to me more for no logical reason.

The HM has a look of the Peter Miller designed Ballerina I built last year. My Ballerina is electric and I wondered what the power train to the HM is. It's certainly a model I may get round to building 'one day'

Geoff

I really liked the Bristol, my condolences.

John, Building your Zero to the very high standard that you achieve, is something I would never do, firstly, I cannot, secondly, I re-kit faster than Ken. So it would have to stay in the to fly hanger, until decrepit, that is if i could build it.

The Bristol really does sadden me.

It's really only the wings and the spinner that are toast, I'll have a look later and see if anything from the wings is salvageable, usually looks a lot worse than it is till the covering is removed. Maiden flight, not enough aileron throw, my bad as I thought that with the size of them it would have been plenty, but not at take off though!, never mind, my first re-kit for years.

We flew my dads foamie Vulcan yesterday. Built from the free plan in January RCMW.

Motor is a 250W, 1500Kv with an 8x6 APC and 40amp ESC. Lipo is a standard 2200 3s.

Weighs 2.5lbs and flew like a patternship.

First flight by me was ok, but a lot of up trim needed and limited flair for landing. Then we flew again with 4oz of nose weight removed and it was perfect, albeit an 80 degree nose up launch and it got away perfectly and the landing was a shuttle approach, typical of a delta. yes

xh603.jpg

Lovely looking Vulcan model Chris - always been a favourite of mine. I have been picking away at building a 1.5m version from some slope plans I had, redesigning the ugly slope nose to something more scale like. I want to fly it as a park flyer and like the way your dad mounted the outrunner on the tail. Having the motor mounted internally would look a bit more scale, but as with all pushers, results in a heck of a rowdy prop. Having it an inch or so clear of any wing or fuse structure results in an up to 60% reduction in noise volume which is important for park flying.

Just wondering what the model was covered with?

Thanks Kiwi. Its covered in a very hi-tech and expensive material in the form of brown paper from Poundland laughand sprayed with Flair paint. Now its a bit lighter we think we can throw, then power on, as we don't think it'll be long until fingers get chewed by a power on over arm launch. We have yet to try an underarm launch.

I mentioned about having an internal motor but he decided to got for external. Its very quiet and once in the air you hardly notice anyway.

CB