Get it off your chest.

kevin b

The World has plenty, some Countries people throw away on a daily basis enough to feed millions, they waste water in vast amounts as well.

Better lifestyle ? Why is that down to possessions and wealth to some people ? Strange logic methinks, kind of logic that's got us where we are today.

Our Country exports some of it's waste to other Countries to dispose of, do WE have a population problem or a consumption problem ?

TV News presenters when reporting on flooding taking great care to make sure the shot pictures them standing, calf deep, on the edge of said flood.

Same with getting close to waves pounding over sea walls.

Also those news reporters  in front of camera with serious outdoor clothing, gloves, woolly hat, scarf etc when it's really not cold.

Edited By Devcon1 on 23/10/2020 17:11:48

Edited By Devcon1 on 23/10/2020 17:12:18

Posted by Matt Carlton on 23/10/2020 14:31:31:
Posted by Peter Miller on 23/10/2020 11:09:31:

I have been saying for some time that the real problem is overpopulation.

Possibly the Covid 19 pandemic is the worlds first attempt at reducing population!!

Not too successful, world. Try again World!!!

Peter - Have you read a book called 'Portent' by James Herbert?

I did a lot of stuff about Lovelock and Arne Naess. It's interesting if you view the Earth as an organism in its own right. Are the things we see, the pandemics, floods, fires etc the 'immune system' of the planet simply trying to fight off an infection (us)?

Whatever the case, the planet clearly cannot support a perpetually increasing population without some regulatory effect happening that we can't avoid. If it's not Covid, it'll be something else. War, famine, exploitation, disease, violence. All symptoms of over population. Rats in a barrel.

What about HIV that was a population controller, but we remedied that

Ooh, I can go all Victor Meldrew. Apologies in advance to anyone I may offend......

Drivers who do not indicate

Drivers who drive at inappropriate speed - often 45 mph on NSL roads and 30 mph villages

Pavement parking where it is not an absolute necessity

People who leave dog poo

Americanisms - "can I get...", "...outside of..", "sat" instead of "sitting" - I doubt many people where physically moved, "airplane, "airfoil"

Sentences started with "look" - tempted to ask" where? Usually politicians I think

"Hence why", surely it is just "hence"

Drivers wearing hats

Face coverings worn incorrectly

Abusing blue badge parking spaces

Bad use of all other parking spaces

Shouty mobile phone users

People who hog the runway by only flying over it - [insert type of aircraft here]

Upspeaking - am I continually being asked questions?

Political parties who constantly criticise but never have a constructive suggestion (I think this is any party not in power at the time)

Donald Trump

Advertisements with "only" in them. E.g. "800 cm foam Spitfire kit, only £1,000" (see adverts in RCM&E)

Plus most other ones already mentioned

My wife says I need to go for a lie down now...

GG

Columnists in upmarket newspapers who always feel they have to tell us that they are working class and northern.

BMW drivers. Often featured in those Police Camera Action programmes, or on YouTube dashcam clips of someone being really stupid.

Flytippers. Results seen in a lane near here.

Drivers who take up two parking spaces.

Those silly gold chains that some men wear around their necks.

Hulking great 4 x 4’s. You could cross the Gobi desert in one of those but most just go to a Tesco car park.

I would have thought these new Landies would have been sealed a bit better. When I was driving my now 65 year old example in the depths of winter regularly, I do have to admit to wearing a woolly hat on the odd occasion even though my hair was longer and thicker then.

As farmers are born wearing a flat cap, I think you can be excused but the ones to be wary of are the hat wearing drivers of 10 year old hatchbacks...

Hara-kiri might be a little extreme but I'm sure if you buy your clubmates a pint, they will forgive you eventually! It's good that you feel ashamed as it means that you can start to move on from this awful episode and regain your rightful place in the brotherhood of bare headed drivers of model laden hatchbacks.