New flying rules from 29th March

sharpy1071

Some good news for the flyers amongst us, no rule of six. Just use common sense and remain safe, my club is saying maximum of ten but 3 at flight line. We have sanitiser on the field and recommend  face masks, filling the book as well to track and trace.

From the BMFA  Friday 26th March:

England

The regulations surrounding the easing of restrictions from Monday 29th March have been released.
See 
https://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2021/364/schedule/1/made

Model flying club sites can reopen from Monday 29th March. 

Where a club is operating in a COVID secure manner and has implemented the BMFA 6 Steps to Covid security guidance in full (see https://clubsupport.bmfa.uk/6-steps-to-covid-secure ) the gathering limits (Rule of 6) do NOT apply.

It is important to note that after conducting the required COVID risk assessment that a club may need to implement a restriction on numbers to enable the correct social distancing.

For model flying activity outside of the control of a model flying club the gathering limits still apply.

Something to look forward to.

28 minutes ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Our committee are 'pondering'....... but nice to see some detail.  Ta BMFA.

GG

No real need to ponder IMO - just go back to however you were operating pre-lockdown 3 (assuming your club was open). Your site and C-19 RAs from that period should be perfectly applicable s there is almost no material difference in the rules between then and now.

Edited by MattyB

No, it doesn't mean that someone has to be there - someone just has to act as a focal point to collate the information. If you go flying you contact the nominated person and let them know when you were at the field. If everyone does that then they can be tracked and traced.

We do our club track & trace via a WhatsApp group, so everyone (including our nominated T&T coordinator) can see who’s entering and leaving the field. Something we’re thinking of retaining when things return to ‘normal’, so if you’re thinking of going to the field, you can see if your mates have turned up.

20 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Our committee are 'pondering'....... but nice to see some detail.  Ta BMFA.

GG

In this modern world there is a lot to ponder. It is easy for those who don’t carry the burden of responsibility to say how easy and simple it is. It must be great to be able to be able to fly in the knowledge that the magic fairies provide the facility.  G.G please note that this comment is in no way a criticism of you or your comment It just highlights a general held feeling of so many modellers who are happy to criticise but struggle to get their hands up to accept the hard work. I have simply tagged my thoughts on the end of a suitable post

• Like 2

I too have been to the field, made sure hut is clean and placed guidance note in prominent position. Portaloo cleaned and new hand sanitiser. Concerning T & T I created a QR Code so members can use the NHS app and also contact tel number for members to inform of visits. The Rule of Six hmm interesting. Four pilots at any one time for us as for the  rest ......

@gangster no offence taken, nor intended by my original tongue in cheek comment!   

@Ron Graynot sure how we are proceeding yet. Possibly moot point as local forecast for Monday is pants.

@Nick Cripps don't hold your breath. The chairman and I mowed the grass dozens of times last year and received no thanks at all... I think my fellow members are under the misapprehension that our runway and c/l circle are blessed with grass that does not grow, and worm casts that flatten themselves.

Being stupid, I have volunteered to be safety marshal so I can help cut short the pondering I alluded to.

GG

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Gray said:

Our club are maintaining the ‘rule of 6’ for the time being which suits me!

We don't have to worry about the rule of 6.

I can't remember the last time (years ago) that more than 6 turned up to fly !

However we are only a very small club.

• Haha 1

Bit busy this week!  Today was the monthly shop and our 54th wedding anniversary.  Car service on Wednesday.  Dentists routine check-up (first time for over a year because of ...) on Thursday morning and our second inoculation on Thursday afternoon.  So what's Friday looking like?  

I'll probably wait to go flying until next week and the excitement has moderated a bit ?    I may leave maidens until I'm back up to flying speed.