Top RC bf109 mode 1

1 hour ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi Martin,

Am I correct in reading your last post ( Friday at 00:41 ) that the toprc 450mm wing span bf109 had successfully been operated and flown using a radiomaster tx, instructing the toprc's bf109 standard oe Rx to fly mode 1 ?

Is this correct please ?

The receiver doesn't know, or care, what mode the transmitter is using.

As a matter of common courtesy, might I suggest that you answer the very simple question that Martin asked, some days ago, about which switch you were using on the transmitter, before expecting him to answer the question that you have just asked.

• 2 weeks later...

Had Comms with the shop that Perkins will be releasing Thier verdict on this model mode 1 issue etc. this week.

Hope perkins will contact me as well.

Had no further Comms from Perkins since the last emails saying to return the model to the shop.

Really hope the new stock due to arrive mid September includes gearboxes and aeleron servos, and that the mode one issues at the factory have been resolved.

Edited by Rich Griff

Had Comms with the shop that Perkins will be releasing Thier verdict on this model mode 1 issue etc. this week.

Hope they will contact me as well.

Had no further Comms from Perkins since the last emails at to return the model to the shop.

Really hope the new stock due to arrive mid September includes gearboxes and aeleron servos, and that the mode one issues at the factory have been resolved.

Edited by Rich Griff

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, some time ago I was refunded for the extra batteries and lipo bag I purchased at the same time as the toprc bf109 mode 1 model.

I returned the whole order back to the shop who returned the model to Perkins for investigation.

This afternoon. The shop issued the refund which I have exchanged for a credit note.

Other than the Perkins guidance and the email that said a cock up had happened in the factory, no further comments about the model have been offered.

Perkins are expecting new stock mid september but do not know at this moment in time if the new model 1 stock has been "corrected".

I have suggested that when the new stock arrives, mode 1 versions are tested for the "correction". We shall see.

Hopefully the gear boxes and wing servos will be included in the new stock.

I hope that Perkins do verify that mode 1 issues, elevator digital trim in ' the wrong place" and "servo glitches when skill level switch is used" have been corrected as I do not want to go thru the product return process again.

Ende

• 2 months later...
42 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi Paul, may I ask please, am I safe in the assumption that if my foamy plane appeared at your flying site and was seen to show servo mounting plate movement as seen in the videos, vidio test thread, it would not be deemed airworthy in that state ?

Over to you sir...

Do you think it’s airworthy?

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi Paul, may I ask please, am I safe in the assumption that if my foamy plane appeared at your flying site and was seen to show servo mounting plate movement as seen in the videos, vidio test thread, it would not be deemed airworthy in that state ?

Over to you sir...

Didn't you send that back to Perkins months ago, or is it a new one?

Rich - assuming you didn't somehow buy it direct from Perkins, then any complaint should be addressed to the seller.  Judging by your fingers, this model appears to be very much in the mould of a toy.  Does it fly OK?  It may be that Trading Standards would see it as fit for purpose.  If it's the model I suspect, I've flown one and it was very adequate for its size but I wouldn't have the expectation of any real precision.

It's up to you - hours/days of stress to achieve very little - or a couple of spots of hot glue or similar for a 5 minute fix.

• Like 1

New out of the box, never flown, movement noticed when checking, not fit for purpose, waiting feedback from Perkins as mail order shop will need it.

This one is number 3, third time lucky, no ...

Should the purchaser "make good" a fault ?

No.

Interestingly models in this series have been "modified" to mark 2 versions. I wonder why ?

More to come in up coming thread, "Toprc bf109 mode 1 saga continues ...".

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Hi leccy, yes, third time lucky, or so I thought !

All will be reviewed shortly, a real life tail.

Hi Paul, just in case you cannot find the vidios, here is one for your viewing...

Opinion please, airworthy or a fail ?

Over to you sir.

What's the point of this barely visible video?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

New out of the box, never flown, movement noticed when checking, not fit for purpose, waiting feedback from Perkins as mail order shop will need it.

No.

Interestingly models in this series have been "modified" to mark 2 versions. I wonder why ?

Rich, life is too short, just put a gob of hot melt glue on it and stop the servos rocking and get a new lens for your camera all your videos are blurred.

• Like 1

On 09/08/2023 at 20:35, Learner said:

Cant say in an emergency I would ever go for a trim switch!

I Would be concentrating on the landing as remember safe landing is no accident!

For some reason I found this so funny! All the crashes I have had and witnessed there has been no time to retrim, it's usually one second you're flying and the next you're not! 

On 29/11/2023 at 22:39, Rich Griff said:

No.

Rich, I bought a Seagull Chipmunk cost about £300 at the time after a few flights one undercarriage leg pulled out, on on examination the mount was some laser cut ply all interlocking parts which had been assembled without glue, the assembly had then been put in the wing and a blob of glue held it in. I glued it up and refitted it, end of story. No hassle trying to get in touch with supplieers messing with posting and packing. 

Yes I know it should have been put right in the first place but most of these things are chucked together on a production line where turnover is more important than quality.

A dab of Uhu por glue will fix it. Don't use normal Uhu

Thanks for that Eric, at least your model did not go out of control or cartwheel on landing and end up as a kit again eh.

I refused to fly the 109, the third one sent to me, on "common sense" safety issue grounds. At least I could see the fault unlike your good self with a well hidden fault.

No glue on u/carr, missing glue elsewhere ??

Did the instructions say any extra glue was needed in the structure at all ?

Did you inform the manufacturer and or supplier about this defect at all ?

I could mention stuff like Toyota floor mats etc .....

Anyways thank you for your very informative post, I bet owners of the same model subject are checking Thiers right now !

Just waiting for a returns label email 

I will start a thread titled "toprc bf109 mode 1... The saga continues....." when the model has been returned to/inspected by/ refund granted by Perkins and the great mail order shop I use.

The mail order shop has been great and so have Perkins to be fair, once they have seen the evidence.

Thank you rcme for showing the vidios which was proof 

By the way, if the box says "this is not a toy" , and you try claiming the box contents to be a toy, for  what ever your  reason, the contents will not be classed as a toy, unless of course you know different.

Please advise.....

3 hours ago, Rich Griff said:

Thanks for that Eric, at least your model did not go out of control or cartwheel on landing and end up as a kit again eh.

I refused to fly the 109, the third one sent to me, on "common sense" safety issue grounds. At least I could see the fault unlike your good self with a well hidden fault.

No glue on u/carr, missing glue elsewhere ??

Did the instructions say any extra glue was needed in the structure at all ?

Did you inform the manufacturer and or supplier about this defect at all ?

I could mention stuff like Toyota floor mats etc .....

Anyways thank you for your very informative post, I bet owners of the same model subject are checking Thiers right now !

Just waiting for a returns label email 

I will start a thread titled "toprc bf109 mode 1... The saga continues....." when the model has been returned to/inspected by/ refund granted by Perkins and the great mail order shop I use.

The mail order shop has been great and so have Perkins to be fair, once they have seen the evidence.

Thank you rcme for showing the vidios which was proof 

By the way, if the box says "this is not a toy" , and you try claiming the box contents to be a toy, for  what ever your  reason, the contents will not be classed as a toy, unless of course you know different.

Please advise.....

Please don't start another thread. It is completely unnecessary and would just make more work for the moderators to move any posts into this one.