Hobbyking coming back to the UK

14 minutes ago, Geoff Gardiner said:

I have been looking at 6s batteries. When I go to the 'UK Back order sale' section of the website the majority of batteries, when clicked on, are coming up as available from Global wharehouse with silly postage - am I missing something?

You probably are because I have the Gladiator from UK warehouse on backorder together with a couple of 4S 2200 LiPos and not only is the price at a discount but postage is free.  Total cost £205 for model and batteries.

Did you check which warehouses were able to be selected as options?

• Like 1

Given past experiences, waiting months for items ordered from the UK warehouse, which never materialised, personally I would be far from comfortable placing any order on Backorder. I'll wait until full stock levels are established and everything is running smoothly, with confirmation that items are being delivered in a timely manner from a UK location,  thanks very much.

• Like 2

I had the same experience wrt the UK back-order sale sale showing only global options. I assumed that I was going for the popular choices, and that these had 'sold out' versus the initial shipment expectations.  I did then also find certain other LiPos still offering the UK option, and have back-ordered a few. What really surprised me was that the first and cheapest shipping option offered was the Royal Mail, which I thought was a historic no-no for Lipos. I've hopefully de-risked my order by going for the slightly more expensive DPD option.

2 hours ago, Geoff Gardiner said:

Seems strange that these batteries are appearing in the 'UK backorder sale' list when they are not actually available for uk backorder (I am looking for any 6s 3300mah batteries).

This is the HK website we are talking about. It has always been crazily difficult to navigate and use, why would that suddenly change now?!! 😉🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You've got to laugh.  If you go on their website and filter by 'UK warehouse' and 'in stock', you will find a grand total of:

1 plane (autogyro)

1 receiver

15 servos. 

Everything else is out of stock or 'backorder' (in other words - 'out of stock')

If this constitutes a warehouse, then I'll bet pretty much everyone on this thread can call themselves a multi-national corporation! 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, leccyflyer said:

Gladiators are showing as in stock for dispatch Geoff, so you might have some good news.

Quite a wide range of lipos are in stock, but none of the wee ones that I was looking for at the moment.

Yep, was looking for some small 2S packs for the FX707 conversions, but no dice...

image.png.bffbad3a66afd34bf9a241a9e92f61b7.png

Edited by MattyB

Still haven't received the Gladiator I ordered in mid-September nor the 2 x 4s 2200 mAh LiPos I ordered at the same time.  I contacted HK and received a fairly prompt response that they weren't dellivered yet but the person who responded to my query said she'd chased it at the warehouse, so something is happening - just exactly what, remains to be seen.  It doesn't really matter, I guess, because I wouldn't be flying it anyway but it would still be nice to have it ready to assemble.

1 hour ago, Chris Simmonds said:

Has anybody who placed a back order with the UK warehouse received it yet?

Items I ordered have been “in stock” since last Friday but my orders are still “processing”.

Same here Chris

As per Geoff, I emailed customer services and got a reply yesterday saying that the order would be despatched in two or three days.

Still not holding my breath - luckily

Kim