Hobbyking coming back to the UK

To be honest, I'm not too worried about the financial aspects.  I'm quite sure I could get a refund if I decided to cancel the order but I'd rather have the goods.  From what I've seen on YouTube the Gladiator is quite a capable model and able to be flown in a very non-scale way by hooligans :without a conscious 🙂  Not me, of course.

That was the position I was in with the closure of the UK Warehouse - a refund was no use to me, I needed the spare parts that were in stock when I ordered them, but that were never dispatched. I'm hanging back from ordering anything until everything is running smoothly and would not dream of ordering anything stated as being on back-order.

I also noted the invitation on the web site to "back order".

It did make me wonder if this is a way of judging demand before they add the item to a container load. ln the past when HK had been operating for some time and we were in the EU they would have had previous sales info to indicate how often to re-order.

It may be a bit of a "chicken and egg" situation. If nobody back orders HK may be reluctant to ship or at best delay shipping in bulk to the UK.

Just a thought. 

1 hour ago, Kim Taylor said:

Lipo's arrived by Royal Mail this morning - dispatched yesterday, so very surprised to see them and lucky I was in. 😀

Kim

Royal Mail won't take lipo batteries unless contained within electronic equipment. Hobbyking will get a severe talking to when they're found out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Philip Lewis 3 said:

Is this definitely Royal Mail (who I believe don't transport LiPo's) or Parcel Force (who I believe do)? 

I don't think parcel force will accept "naked" lipo batteries either. 

Had to return a laptop battery not long ago and had to use UPS who would accept them if you declared them and they provided the appropriate label for the parcel.