Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Advert

My new Krier Great Lakes for Laser 155 power. 65in span, 11lb auw. Scaled up from my own original 47in span magazine plan (seen in my avatar) which I downloaded from Outerzone and scaled to 65in span and tile printed using the free Foxit pdf reader available on the internet.

Standard balsa/ply/spruce covered in HK white film with red Monokote sunburst, cheat lines and checks. Cowl has balsa front ring with cardboard skirt, epoxy-glassed inside and out.

krier gt lakes 001.jpg

The oleos are sprung, the upper fairing made from litho plate.

krier gt lakes 002.jpg

krier gt lakes 003.jpg

krier gt lakes 004.jpg

The Laser 155 is angled to raise the carb to a more favourable height in relation to the fuel tank. The aluminium spinner is a Just Engines item.

krier gt lakes 005.jpg

krier gt lakes 006.jpg

For ease of carrying about I made a carrying handle which screws to the cabane using the wing bolts, and which stores the interplane struts and inter-aileron link rods.

krier gt lakes 007.jpg

Edited By Gordon Whitehead 1 on 07/12/2017 14:40:48

Thanks for the kind comments guys and it's splendid to see such a great collection of even more bipes yes

It's over 6 years since I last built a plane and boy did it take some getting back into. The workshop was a permanent tip and I kept having to hunt down tools and materials that somehow hid themselves as soon as I'd put 'em down. So to make sure I don't forget how again, I'm gonna start my next build pretty darned soon and get properly organised!

Cheers

Gordon

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has problems finding tools I only put down a few seconds before! The biggest culprit is my 150mm steel rule which has markings I can actually see - it slides under things and deliberately hides.

Yes, I'm loving all these bipes, too. Now I've just about finished my Mew Gull it's time to get started on either an indoor EaChine SE5a or my DB Cirrus Moth. Biplanes are doubly enjoyable

Geoff

Miss ordered a couple of HK motors (my fault !) so hunted a suitable size model. For a new boy balsa butcher and first time cloth/resin user its very stand off finish (but then again I don't think it was ever really intended to be pure scale).

The idea is to have it lurking in the back of the car for the grab and go bit of fun when you just fly without assembly.

20171208_221723.jpg

PS On 3S2200 performance is good and if anyone is interested I could do a build blog

PPS and of course you all knew it is a TN Ta154 !

Edited By Chris Walby on 17/12/2017 07:12:27

• 3 weeks later...