Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

Here's a new model I built recently. It's a Cambria Funfighters Kawasaki "Hein". Finished in a completely authentic scale appearance, so @Peter Miller should be thoroughly proud of me and not hold me in "complete and utter disdain" in any way at all. The pilot is accurate too. What do you think @Peter Miller, don't you just love it?!

I LOVE IT!

IMG_20231006_150956.jpg

IMG_20231006_151035.jpg

IMG_20231006_150819.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-08 at 19.23.12.jpeg

• Like 4

2 hours ago, GrumpyGnome said:

Smart. Bet it flies as well as their other little edfs. Can you turn the gyros off?

The Vector board has 3 settings, Off/Stabilized/Smart Mode, Smart mode is like spektrum SAFE , though ideal for launching, not good for flying, as you need full sticks to do a 3 mile turn. Stabilized is for general flying, or off.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my own 'summer floater' (also running E-Soar Plus which is a great template for anyone using OpenTX), an Austrian kit called the FXj 2.5m which I recently finished and have already maidened.  I didn't build the original but bought it a while ago from a chap who had done so as a pure bungee-launched glider and then covered it in heavy Oratex for some bizarre reason, then never flew it.

I stripped it all back to balsa, converted it to electric launch with a geared Reisenauer motor, re-did all the servos etc, and re-covered it in Oralight.  While I don't see it being as competitive as a 3.5 or 4m F5J ship, first test flights show it to still be extremely capable... a very good minimum sink rate, burns rubber as soon is it goes into Speed mode, and can certainly handle more boisterous conditions than the 2mRES models I've been flying for the last two or three years.

We'll surely get some calm sunny days over the coming months...

PXL_20231016_151310096.jpg

WhatsApp Image 2023-10-22 at 19.16.23.jpeg

Edited by Jonathan M
  • Like 6

9 hours ago, Stephen Belshaw said:

Got myself a floater for the summer, although I've only just finished it so will probably have to wait until next year for its first flight. Topmodel Element 3.5M 2.2kg, running E-Soar Plus on  Taranis.

You will like the Element, I have had one for a few years, lovely flier. I get mine regularly above 2,000ft on good summer days but it is not just for summer, I have been up a few times in winter on those rare  calm, sunny, high pressure winter days and last January had it close to 1,000ft on one trip to the field.

DSC09219 (Custom).JPG

Edited by PeterF
  • Like 5

Two new ARF's over the past two weekends.

The first one is Thunder Tiger Fun Tigre Extra profile, and the second one is The World Models Clipped Wing Cub 48. The Profile is powered by an MVVS 49 and 13x4 APC, while the Cub has a used OS 48 Fs with 12x6 prop. Cub will get the cowl in due course.

Both the models were procured few months back from other Cities in India and were stated to be NiB. Turned out both had damages. The profile had covering intact but the ribs were all smashed. The Cub had some formers unglued in the fuse, but the bigger issue was covering delamination due to age. 

Both the ARF's were stripped and converted to ARC. All necessary repairs made, and then again brought to ARF stage for assembly. Bit annoying but I am sure the end result is better than the sticky back covering that was on the Thunder Tiger Extra and the peeling covering on the TWM Cub        

FT Extra 1.jpeg

FT Extra 2.jpg

FT Extra 3.jpg

TWM Clipped wing Cub 48.jpeg

Edited by Manish Chandrayan
  • Like 8

On 25/10/2023 at 19:39, PeterF said:

You will like the Element, I have had one for a few years, lovely flier. I get mine regularly above 2,000ft on good summer days but it is not just for summer, I have been up a few times in winter on those rare  calm, sunny, high pressure winter days and last January had it close to 1,000ft on one trip to the field.

8E883ACC-5035-4380-B68B-235F1DD93840_1_105_c.thumb.jpeg.6fbe037f367f6114967ddb531c8f8a35.jpeg

...and I joined the floater club during the summer with this Circle Dancer. They, quite literally, could have come out of the same mould!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Manish Chandrayan said:

Two new ARF's over the past two weekends.

The first one is Thunder Tiger Fun Tigre Extra profile, and the second one is The World Models Clipped Wing Cub 48. The Profile is powered by an MVVS 49 and 13x4 APC, while the Cub has a used OS 48 Fs with 12x6 prop. Cub will get the cowl in due course.

Both the models were procured few months back from other Cities in India and were stated to be NiB. Turned out both had damages. The profile had covering intact but the ribs were all smashed. The Cub had some formers unglued in the fuse, but the bigger issue was covering delamination due to age. 

Both the ARF's were stripped and converted to ARC. All necessary repairs made, and then again brought to ARF stage for assembly. Bit annoying but I am sure the end result is better than the sticky back covering that was on the Thunder Tiger Extra and the peeling covering on the TWM Cub        

FT Extra 1.jpeg

FT Extra 2.jpg

FT Extra 3.jpg

TWM Clipped wing Cub 48.jpeg

The second flight of the Profile Thunder Tiger Extra shot on mobile (not the best video you will see)

https://youtu.be/uB3nSOn7YJc?si=rC8h322nUzxMsQ_R