Top marks to Modelfixings.

mightypeesh

Just a quick post to say great service from modelfixings.co.uk - I ordered a bundle of assorted bits and pieces yesterday and the package was on my doormat first thing this morning - great! thumbs up

(Unlike pcworld from whom I ordered an ipod from on boxing day and it finally turned up on the 5th Jan thumbs down)

Cheers, Simon

• 4 years later...

Great service from Ian again

After some 4BA grub screws + other stuff so dropped an email Sunday at 9 pm. Ian replied shortly afterwards saying that it was proving difficult/costly obtaining these items, but then checked his stock. Replied again saying what he had and as I only needed 4 selected a pack of 5 + the rest of my order Monday morning.

Package arrived this afternoon which is super fast as ever + a credit for the pack of BA screws I ordered and the 4 grub screws (wasn't expecting that).

Thanks again for top notch customer care and service.

Hi All

Another +1 for Modelfixings. Used them for years, always great service.

Anybody notice that Ian is now doing a range of model fittings alongside his nuts an bolts.

Added a pack of plastic clevises to my next order. They are really good quality, wouldn't hesitate to use them.

In fact a nice snug fit in 2mm studding he also sells, as a basis for short pushrods.

Highly recommended

Jeff

Got a load of nuts, bolts and other bits the next day, BUT, a flyer from Naked Wines was included for a £75 order discount off a case of mixed wine for about £115 inc. shipping which seemed like a good deal. Even though it stated that I would not have to join any sort of wine club they set up a direct debit of £20 pm on my card so be warned.

Their hex head engine mounting screws were also the best I have even used.

Don't begrudge Ian those fliers. He may get a little commission which helps keep his prices down and which he deserves anyway for incredible service.

You don't have to use them, after all,you don't buy stuff from evercy advert that you see in a magazine or paper

Yes really good service, cant ask for anything better.

YES DITCH THE WINE VOUCHERS, they are a really tacky, but they obviously contribute to his income, and as Peter says we can always bin them..

Thanks for a really good service.

Barry

Posted by Martin McIntosh on 28/07/2020 21:45:19:

Got a load of nuts, bolts and other bits the next day, BUT, a flyer from Naked Wines was included for a £75 order discount off a case of mixed wine for about £115 inc. shipping which seemed like a good deal. Even though it stated that I would not have to join any sort of wine club they set up a direct debit of £20 pm on my card so be warned.

Lidl South African wines at around four quid a bottle...........wine poseurs and snobs shouldn't bother with them though wink

yes yes for Model Fixings from me as well. So many other really good web suppliers as well, the duff ones just won't survive or will have to change their ways.

Edited By Cuban8 on 29/07/2020 09:36:15

• 3 years later...

Just had a reply to a question..

I bought some bolts etc including a 3mm drill bit.

Everything arrived promptly but when using the bit ...it was out of true, bent! Within a couple of hours I’d had a reply and a new one is in the post. 

My, what service !

“We’re sorry to hear of the problem – unfortunately we can’t play the video file you sent but if you say it’s bent then that’s good enough for us.

It’s a first for us to be honest – and must have occurred during manufacture. The high speed steel is so hard and therefore quite brittle, if you tried to bend it, it would instantly fracture. So presumably it happened before the final hardening process.

Sorry we didn’t notice it before dispatch – will post another out to you in tomorrows (Fridays) post.”

Edited by cymaz