BMFA

John  Tee

Had to phone the office Wednesday to renew some non flying members (can't do on the Portal) with no problem. Tried yesterday and today to correct some errors on my bulk renewals and the phone just rings and rings. I appreciate they probably are overloaded with queries with the extra bits this year, but normally you get a recorded message saying "your call will be answered as soon as possible" but there is no message just the phone ringing.Tried an email and no reply to that either.

Has anyone else had problems?

John

Advert

Posted by John Tee on 13/12/2019 22:03:51:

Had to phone the office Wednesday to renew some non flying members (can't do on the Portal) with no problem. Tried yesterday and today to correct some errors on my bulk renewals and the phone just rings and rings. I appreciate they probably are overloaded with queries with the extra bits this year, but normally you get a recorded message saying "your call will be answered as soon as possible" but there is no message just the phone ringing.Tried an email and no reply to that either.

John

Just phenomenally busy phone lines and many many emails at the moment. We are getting through them though.

Absolutely John. The mind boggles at the incredibly busy year they must have had due to the CAA business. They. Have done incredibly well sorting this on top of the day job. We can only imagine how many calls they must be getting at renewal time now. It is a complex item just completed in time for renewal although so many of their queries would have been answer by looking at the web site or reading the BMFA news. We would have used 20 pages on this forum whining if they had put a fiver on the subs to pay extra staff.All credit to them all. Thanks BMFA

Edited By gangster on 14/12/2019 08:34:18

Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 14/12/2019 10:50:46:

Yes thumbs up to the BMFA yes I avoided all the long speculative threads (life's too short, for me anyway!) and just put my faith in the BMFA to do its stuff.

Yes, me too. I think they've done a great job. I renew through my model club but I did the CAA £9 'contribution' through the portal with no problems. I also made a small contribution to Buckminster partly because I enjoyed the RCME fly-in so much, so congrats all round from me.

Geoff

Posted by Geoff Sleath on 14/12/2019 12:26:51:
Posted by Adrian Smith 1 on 14/12/2019 10:50:46:

Yes thumbs up to the BMFA yes I avoided all the long speculative threads (life's too short, for me anyway!) and just put my faith in the BMFA to do its stuff.

Yes, me too. I think they've done a great job. I renew through my model club but I did the CAA £9 'contribution' through the portal with no problems. I also made a small contribution to Buckminster partly because I enjoyed the RCME fly-in so much, so congrats all round from me.

Geoff

Ditto from me. All those forum pages of grumpys going on and on, I put my trust in the BMFA to fight our corner and they have done a very admirable job trying to keep our hobby as near as possible as we like it. A very very big thumbs up to themyesyes

Amen from me on that. The BMFA gets a lot of stick at times but knowing of other battles in the past such as CB days etc I think they have managed a fair degree of damage (nee political) limitation which is not easy. One must hope that in time the government sees the ludicrous need and reverts back to previous practice.

In the meantime, well done BMFA I continue my membership and may everyone have a quiet and joyful Christmas.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd agree - well done BMFA for all this year's impressive & effective wrangling on our behalf !

Even though I did struggle today to figure out how to upload my 'Registration Competency Document to my BMFA Member's records. Finally got there, thanks to my wife asking the right sort of questions - - evidently I don't think in the same way that web page designers do...

Posted by Andy Symons - BMFA on 13/12/2019 23:19:38:
Posted by John Tee on 13/12/2019 22:03:51:

John

Just phenomenally busy phone lines and many many emails at the moment. We are getting through them though.

Andy, will you send everyone up there a very happy new year. And thank them for all the work that they do. The unsung stars of the organisation hot

Posted by John Tee on 31/12/2019 21:13:52:

I have to admit the the problem I had was of my own making, I was one digit wrong in the number I dialled. I didn't use my glasses and dialled a five not eight.

Oops! Easily done though...

Last week I was skiing in Canada and decided the members of our Work WhatsApp group would appreciate a photo of the snow-covered trees. I didn't have my reading glasses with me and so not only was my caption riddled with spelling mistakes, I sent it to the wrong WhatsApp group - our family one, all but one of the members of which were with me at the time!

Back on topic - very best wishes to those in the BMFA office at what must be their busiest time of year. I haven't needed to call them so much in recent years, but they've always been very helpful when I have needed their assistance.