The Big Question ?

RICHARD WILLS

I'd refrained from commenting, as I already _had_ an FW190 to build.

But...

No word of a lie, the kids' hamster ate it.

This morning, I heard rustling under my building desk which happens to be in the office/man cave I work in adjacent to the hall where the hamster cage is located. After much cupping hands behind ears to amplify my dull audio receptors I definitely heard something. After carefully excavating all the kits under my bench, I found "Biscuit" had been merrily making herself a nice little nest in the FW190 short kit I had a Saito 82 earmarked to go in... Several ribs have been nibbled beyond repair! My wife has owned up to "possibly" having left the cage open.

IMG-20231215-WA0007.thumb.jpg.7b5db3ee3d31c1bb67ce675ecd411c10.jpg

IMG_20231215_102516.thumb.jpg.5cdda41b5164ab69b687bdd884a0968c.jpg

So short version, are there any FW190's left?!

Edited by David Hazell 1
added short video
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

Just came across these recent posts. I sympathise David, many years ago we looked after a couple of hamsters at different times which both escaped. One from my brother and another from friends. One of them, I can't remember which, gnawed a perfect round hole in one of our hall curtains.

As for a second model, a mossie has always been on my bucket list.

Nigel

3 minutes ago, martin collins 1 said:

Come on guys kits are arriving, who is going to commit glue to wood first, us Tempest builders are twiddling our thumbs till January, lets see some building going on to occupy us till then.............. 🤪

There might be a timing issue for those for whom the FW190 is a Christmas present - suggesting commencement of construction might be a deBoxing Day morning task?

8 minutes ago, martin collins 1 said:

Come on guys kits are arriving, who is going to commit glue to wood first, us Tempest builders are twiddling our thumbs till January, lets see some building going on to occupy us till then.............. 🤪

Still waiting for mine and Elmo is getting impatient ☹️

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, martin collins 1 said:

Give him a `Biscuit` to play with/ nibble on to keep him occupied, kills two birds with one stone.........

He’s already got through our Christmas supply of them, we’ve now got to order new supplies (wife’s not best pleased, called him a greedy bu88er)

All that joy going out ! I feel like Father Christmas . 

What you dont know about is the pleading letters from your other halves ,

They normally go along the lines of , 

Dear Richard , 

Please make one of your wonderful kits for him (dribble dribble ) , so that I can get the lazy slacker back down the shed and leave me in peace to watch Love Island . (PS money's no object, I know all his pin numbers ) .

Lots of love 

xxxxx

(I'm very popular by the way ) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, RICHARD WILLS said:

All that joy going out ! I feel like Father Christmas . 

What you dont know about is the pleading letters from your other halves ,

They normally go along the lines of , 

Dear Richard , 

Please make one of your wonderful kits for him (dribble dribble ) , so that I can get the lazy slacker back down the shed and leave me in peace to watch Love Island . (PS money's no object, I know all his pin numbers ) .

Lots of love 

xxxxx

(I'm very popular by the way ) 

My missus is looking forward to seeing mine in flight and I know she'll come down to the field- I think the colour scheme was a bit of a draw.

Oh, and it's Downton ;-)

• Haha 1

Well, I have to say my first impression is WOW what a super kit. Beautifully veneered foam wings with a section that looks 'just right'. Really nice laser cutting that all popped out with just a few easing cuts, and nice mouldings and canopy. I just love that long rounded spinner. Reviewing the plan it is definitely a very simple straightforward design - great stuff 😁

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DaveB1 said:

Well, I have to say my first impression is WOW what a super kit. Beautifully veneered foam wings with a section that looks 'just right'. Really nice laser cutting that all popped out with just a few easing cuts, and nice mouldings and canopy. I just love that long rounded spinner. Reviewing the plan it is definitely a very simple straightforward design - great stuff 😁

Thanks Dave, I know this is your first venture into my "zone" . 

I would describe these kits as entry level "white label " kits . Some of the other kits have been a bit more expensive but more glamourous . 

The main thing is though , they all fly well , 😉so if everything stays "in close formation " you will be won over . 

• Like 3