Slow or intermittent access

Ariel

Forum is OK today but troublesome yesterday evening.

The main forum problem I have is that when I post anything it often takes 5 or 10 minutes to accept my writing - just says saving and goes pale, eventually including the words after the 5 or 10 minutes.  Am I alone in having this problem?

I had problems at times both last night and this morning but OK at the moment, and I am on BTinternet.

Problems were on both laptop - Win10/Firefox, and on my phone  - Android/Chrome.

The only obvious common factor seems to be the website.

Dick

My posting above was submitted at 15.01 today  but not accepted by the forum until 15.11 -so 10 minutes later.   If nobody else has this problem maybe it's my computer or the Moderators are vetting my replies first!    

Martin- I was of course joking about Moderators!    But the problem still exists - my comments are still not being accepted quickly.   I posted a couple of paragraphs and it took 5 minutes or more,  I opened a new Tab and posted 1 line in another thread and it accepted straight away.   I went back to the first Tab and the previous item was not accepted for a couple more minutes.     Is it my computer and if so what?

I’d like to help diagnose this but both my laptop and mobile posts are working normally from a variety of browsers.  Perhaps you could detail what devices and browsers you’re using?

Assume you have a standard ISP connection in the UK and aren’t using a VPN - not that these should matter but I’m just thinking aloud. 

Good it's not just me!  

I use an old Dell desktop with Windows 10, Firefox 122.0.1 ( it wants me to update to 123 but its not been done yet )  BT broadband via wireless shared with my wifes Win11 desktop and HP printer.    Never any problems with any other website except this week Tesco wouldn't recognise my machine so we used my wife's desktop instead.

The problem seems to occur when I take some time modifying my posting - correcting for spelling, eliminating any ambiguity, clarifying details - taking some few minutes to ensure it reads correctly.   Being especially careful when advising newcomers takes another few extra minutes maybe checking back to see what they actually wrote and what gear they bought. .   So taking 10 or 15 minutes to compose and check before hitting 'Submit reply' all done whilst online and logged in.    But when I just post a line or two without any correction it works instantly.   That's the problem and it's been like that for some months.

This site is flaky again, it seems that it's happening on weekend evenings. Threads taking minutes to load or even timing-out.  Will we ever get an explanation as to what is causing this? Could it be that bandwidth is being subverted by the host to some other activity deemed more important than boys with toys.