Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

9 minutes ago, Martin Harris - Moderator said:

Good thing your observations can be read in context! 

It might be better not to push the boundaries though - we made a simple request to keep things clean and non-offensive and it doesn't require comment or discussion on this thread...

Completely agree, the point was that context is important. I was commenting on the Ofcom publication.

Edited by Shaun Walsh

Mornin all, I was a bit quiet on the forum yesterday as I had to go to my uncles funeral, he was a railway enthusiast and his last wish was to be cremated in the furnace of a steam engine, he finally got his wish...........If he were here he would have been chuffed to bits

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

35 minutes ago, extra slim said:

Mornin all, I was a bit quiet on the forum yesterday as I had to go to my uncles funeral, he was a railway enthusiast and his last wish was to be cremated in the furnace of a steam engine, he finally got his wish...........If he were here he would have been chuffed to bits

That actually happened to my grandmother’s dog. In the early 1960s we lived in a house with a railway cutting at the end of our garden. One Christmas, my grandmother came to stay with us, complete with her dog Laddie who was nearly blind. On Boxing Day morning the dog disappeared, and my father thought to himself ‘I bet that old dog has gone through the fence and blundered over the edge of the cutting’. So he went to investigate, and sure enough, found the dog dead and frozen stiff at the bottom of the 60 foot cliff.

Having returned home to pick up his wheelbarrow, he proceeded to wheel the deceased dog back along the side of the track (while wondering what he was going to tell my grandmother), when he came across a railway fireman stoking up a shunting engine, getting it ready to go. “What you got there?”, calls down the stoker. “My mother-in-law’s dog.”, says my dad. “Want him cremated?”, says the stoker. So poor old Laddie went in the fire, and with a puff of white smoke he was gone! I seem to remember my father saying that rather than tell my grandmother what really happened, he just said he couldn’t find the poor old dog.

Edited by EvilC57
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1