Sign of the times - funnies * Remember this is a family friendly forum and inappropriate postings will be removed without warning.

ken anderson.

1 hour ago, Geoff S said:

Of course, you have to remember that 'Hank Jansen' was, in reality British writer Stephen Daniel Francis and not a hard bitten Chicago crime reporter.  I just looked up Jansen on Amazon Kindle and they're all still available for about £2 each.  Apparently he could write a novel in a couple of weeks (faster than Barbara Cartland!) and used a Dictaphone back in 1949.  Amazing!

I've never used my dictaphone, I use my fingers instead.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Advert

A blonde is watching the news with her husband when the newscaster says, "Six Brazilian men die in a skydiving accident."

The blonde starts crying to her husband, sobbing, "That's horrible!."

Confused, he replies, "Yes Dear, it is sad, but they were skydiving, and there is always that risk involved."

After a few minutes, the blonde, still sobbing, says, "How many is a Brazilian?"

• Haha 6

I am fed up with comments from people ridiculing Electric Vehicles.  They don't know what they're talking about.
Personally, I drive two top of the range EVs, a Jaguar and a Porsche.

Their acceleration and handling is fantastic. They look brilliant and they're really cheap to run. They need hardly any maintenance and haven't depreciated since I bought them.

Literally, the only criticism I could make of them is sometimes, if I really push them hard into a corner, they can fly off the track and get stuck under the sofa...

• Like 3
  • Haha 11

Yes that's the way electric fence works and the one at the end of the line will have the strongest shock even if the others had been standing on the ground.

Have accidentally tested my farm fence many times and even with wellies on you get a good belt.

Goats testing electric fence on Clarkson's Farm, funniest thing, more so as they seem to say  oww every time.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, J D 8 said:

Yes that's the way electric fence works and the one at the end of the line will have the strongest shock even if the others had been standing on the ground.

Have accidentally tested my farm fence many times and even with wellies on you get a good belt.

Goats testing electric fence on Clarkson's Farm, funniest thing, more so as they seem to say  oww every time.

We have wild boar here, my wife kindly tested the electric fence in her garden boots, and yes it does work on humans.😂

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Brian Cooper said:

Learning about electricity. . . 

My cousin and I used to touch electric fences quite often at his dad's farm when we were kids. It wasn't that big a deal.  In fact when I was teenager I used to get regular 7kv shocks when I was testing supposedly faulty TV line output transformers which were returned for replacement/repair (they had replaceable valve diodes (U25) which were used to generate high voltages for CRT anodes)

Edited by Geoff S
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, J D 8 said:

Farm where I used to shoot had all electric fences powered on the mains, gave a shock many times worse than battery power. I got belted twice and it REALLY hurt. Any dog affected was useless for the rest of the day.

• Like 1