Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

I have done no construction pictures which are needed for an article. I could use the Ohmen wing pictures I suppose.

I could get PDFs of my original drawing is you wanted them next time I go into town. Construction is exactly the same as most of my others .

Better wait until it has been test flown though!!!

Posted by Peter Miller on 09/02/2020 18:17:15:

That is a thought. I must ask them if my slightly less than peffectly drawn plan would be acceptable

Some of the plans on Outerzone are not very well drawn, so I am sure your plan would be more than acceptable Peter.

Regarding not having any build photos, historically in RCM&E, build photos were not always included by some of the designers, just lots of photos of the finished article. 

The Fuselage looks similar to your Size One design. I hope the weather Gods are obliging for the maiden soon.

Edited By Piers Bowlan on 10/02/2020 12:08:49

Maidened today, Panic from the Perkins kit. Very nice wood, superb laser cutting. Not cheap for what it is, but you don't argue if the quality is there.

Terrible conditions, windy and turbulent, and the light was funny as high clouds came in. But one flight and home. Can't say how nice it is, but basic trim done, engine , currently a 75 2 stoke, runs well, gives ample power on 2.2 kilos of Panic.

Small discovery, to stop servo leads falling back into a wing, cut a 10mm hole in wing, thread a 10mm grommet over the servo plug, and fit grommet to hole, and the plug will not return through the grommet, when it is fitted in the hole.

img_0624.jpg

img_0626.jpg

img_0625.jpg

odyssey pre-maiden.jpg

This is my Art Hobby Odyssey 2.7m that I've just completed to get back into thermal flying off the bungee. I've given it a few trimming flights in virtually still air but since then it's been blowing a gale so I've not been able to explore its envelope yet.

I love the way it flies so far though, straight as a die up the line.