Forum members' new models: Let's see them.

10 hours ago, Cliff Bastow said:

I have been lucky enough to be gifted this by a member who damaged it on its maiden and could not be bothered to repair it! 
The white areas are where I have started repairs.

Shame for the builder, however every cloud has a silver lining - as they say.

It looks like a beautiful model, with exquisite detail. Be nice to see more of it, when the time is right.

A clubmate gave me two rolls of Proficover - it's a bit like Oratex or Solartex, a very good material to work with. So I had to build something with it.

The result was a control line stunter (Jamison Special) and the rc plane you see in the pictures. It's my own design and it had its maiden flight yesterday.

To my surprise it flew very well despite the not too powerful old open-rockers Saito 30.

Karl

20230811_160535.jpg

20230811_160500.jpg

• Like 21
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, stu knowles said:

I don't think that you wil get a Zenoah 23/26 in there without most of it hanging out in the breeze.  I had a 90 two stroke in mine many years ago.  I would be looking for a 120 of some kind or perhaps one of the 20cc dle petrol which are much smaller than the zenoahs

I agree. The Zenoah 26 is very wide with the silencer on the side.  I have one in my Maher's Thunderbird and fits nicely in the 'radial' cowl but it would be a squeeze in the Turbulent, I think.  Check carefully before buying one.

My Hobbico trainer after its rebuild. 

Strip ailerons converted to flaps and ailerons. Nav lights in the wingtips and a retractable landing light in one of the wing bottoms. Bomb racks with droppable bombs. The bomb racks are easily replaceable with small containers to drop little parachutes, two each side. There's a removable drop box, shaped like a drop tank, that attaches to the fuselage bottom. The wing struts are non functional. To simplify the assembly, there is one Rx in the wing and one in the fuselage.

Powered by a Saito 82 it putters around nicely but is quite capable of doing all the basic aerobatics.

It's my rendition of a Bird dog.20221022_102719.thumb.jpg.cde887d0a9e2d893388e0a4e9fc204bc.jpg

20221022_102703.thumb.jpg.261ea96a1f872a0802c197d8118c29be.jpg

• Like 8

22 minutes ago, Torsten Spitzner said:

Strip ailerons converted to flaps and ailerons. Nav lights in the wingtips and a retractable landing light in one of the wing bottoms. Bomb racks with droppable bombs. The bomb racks are easily replaceable with small containers to drop little parachutes, two each side. There's a removable drop box, shaped like a drop tank, that attaches to the fuselage bottom. The wing struts are non functional. To simplify the assembly, there is one Rx in the wing and one in the fuselage.

Powered by a Saito 82 it putters around nicely but is quite capable of doing all the basic aerobatics.

It's my rendition of a Bird dog.20221022_102719.thumb.jpg.cde887d0a9e2d893388e0a4e9fc204bc.jpg

20221022_102703.thumb.jpg.261ea96a1f872a0802c197d8118c29be.jpg

Great job done with the Hobbico Trainer.  I wish you many happy landings .  

On 13/08/2023 at 12:50, martin collins 1 said:

Bought this 1/3rd scale Precedent Turbulent at a bring and buy, going to stick a petrol engine on it, was thinking of a Zenoah 26cc, anyone else here flying one on a petrol, what have you fitted in yours?

I can't help with petrol I'm afraid, mine is fitted with an Enya 120 which is a good match. Actually it is no longer mine, it emigrated to Corfu and is now resident on the fleet at the RCHotel where it occasionally potters around in the sun. Nice flying model, I just found it a bit of a pain to store & transport.

On 14/08/2023 at 18:03, Torsten Spitzner said: